Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Boardwalk
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Riverside Inn(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
Torch Lite Inn(Santa Cruz)
Hotel Solares(Santa Cruz)
Very Good 4/5
Big 6 Motel(Santa Cruz)
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
Salt Air Lodge(Santa Cruz)
View Hotel
All reviewsfridge and microwaveparking is limitedwould stay againstayed here for one nightwalking distancetwo queen bedsnice stayboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2012

False advertising - remove photo of pool. Deceptive to show an amenity that does not exist.
The rooms are very small and noisy - especially if there is someone staying in any room next to yours. Rooms facing the road like sleeping on a freeway. Appalling customer service.

Room Tip: Choose another place to stay - there are many within a block or two - With pools, and undoubtably much better service and rooms. Not worth even $5 per night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LetsGoFamily2011
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When you don't pay much, you don't expect much, but this motel exceeded our expectations. It was cheap, an short walk to the Boardwalk and an easy bike ride to downtown, the Santa Cruz Mission, the Surf Museum and Natural Bridges State Park. They allowed us to leave our car in the parking lot for a few hours after we checked out so we could explore Santa Cruz on our bikes without having to pay to park our vehicle. The continental breakfast included fresh fruit, coffee, juice, toast, cereal and pastries. The room was clean & quiet. I loved the big bath tub--perfect to relax in after a full day of hiking in Big Basin Redwoods State Park. The decor was somewhat dated, but we didn't mind. Be warned though, the parking lot is small and if you arrive late there may not be a parking spot for your car. We checked in about 5 pm and there were still spots open.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the parking lot, which was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Ok so I never write reviews about places I stay online. I am deliberately going out of my way to do so in this case. We arrived into Santa Cruz after a long trip in California. Reviews we read were so so, but we just needed something clean and well located. Oh how wrong we were. First of al the price was outrageous for what you get, we paid $500USD for a 3 night stay last weekend (admittedly high season). For comparison we had just arrived fro mSan Luis Obispo where we were paying $89 a night for a nice little inn, with a really good breakfast, clean rooms and a nice pool . Then we arrived in this [--]. The receptionist was welcoming until the female owner cam out and proceeded to bark orders, no smoking, you will by charges/fined if you do X,Y,Z, ...here are your keys...So into the room we went. First thing we see is a massive cockrach crawling up the wall. Stains on the duvet cover, no blinds, just curtains. Paper thin walls, with a French Couple going at it in the room next to us (fair play to them the were not trying to keep the noise down). I then went back to the main road to get my car to move it into the Inn parking, oh wait, not enough parking spots. Went inside to ask where I could park and was told to park up against the wall of the place but to move it early or i would ge a ticket. Nice. Breakfast was terrible, some horrible prepacked pastries which tasted like rubber, [--] instant coffee, sugar coated cereal and toast. Not the fault of the hotel, but the area is not the nicest after night so keep your eyes out. If I was doing it again I would avoid this kip and stay near pleasure point or capitola if possible.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Niall S
abvisantacruzhotel, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Boardwalk, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Boardwalk for your recent stay in our area.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is much appreciated.

Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness expected of them as our employees. They also were instructed to look into the matter of cockroaches and to see to it that any such problem was eliminated.

• The management staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at the Americas Best Value Inn & Suites-Boardwalk. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

We paid $55 for one nights stopover, it was ok, room was freezing cold and heater was extremely loud, saying that the room was clean and all we needed for a one nights stay. Breakfast was very basic, cereal, toast, tea coffee and juice. Staff wre friendly enough. Couldn't get the wifi to work.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Katie P
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night in January. The accommodation was basic but clean, we wanted to stay somewhere cheap and we got what we paid for. We bought food in Whole Foods which we ate at the table in our room then we walked into town to go for some drinks. I would not recommend walking into town, it is a very quiet stretch of road, so just based on general safety awareness a taxi would be a better option. I think the cab home cost approx $10 including a tip.

We were woken up pretty early Sunday morning as there isn't really soundproofing between the rooms so when the occupants of the room next door got up we were awoken too.

As I said above, if you are looking for somewhere cheap and clean then this is as good as anywhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple