“Excellent Value ” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mission St Bbq
Ranked #86 of 368 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent Value ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

Let's be serious. Is this THE best BBQ I've ever had? No, but it was very good! Were the portions huge? Again, no, but it was an excellent value for the money. Service was so fast it was almost scary. The place was very clean, including the restroom for you ladies who tend to place a lot of importance on such things. Would I go back? In a heartbeat!

Cape Canaveral, Florida
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Chill and laid back. I had the Westside Combo. It included tri tip, pulled pork and and a rib. Plus a side. I had beans. The pulled pork melted in my mouth. The beans were more like chili and delicious, as well. The staff was very nice. You order at the counter and then they bring you the food.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Woodland, CA
“Best tri-tip sandwich I have ever eaten in my life.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

It's easy to miss this unassuming place but it's worth finding. We stopped in for lunch on the way to UC Santa Cruz; it's very close. We were hesitant to try it but then saw the smokers/BBQ's outside and were drawn right in. Very very casual place; you walk up and order, sit down, and they bring your meal to you. Food was delicious! Best tri-tip sandwich I have ever eaten in my life. The regular size sandwich is pretty big... Husband ordered a large sandwich and couldn't finish it. Teenage son ordered the combo platter; on the menu it says something like "just a bite of your choice of three meats" so you shouldn't expect full portions of each but that meal was enough for a 16 year old boy with a good appetite. (We have large appetites so don't think we are wimpy eaters and these were skimpy portions.) Fountain sodas but they did have a nice bottled root beer which I always like. We will definitely return whenever we are nearby!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Nevada
“not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

don't waste your money! Got the combo plate...very small pulled pork, ONE rib, 3 quarter size pieces of tri-tip. with bake beans as a side....definitely not worth the money....taste was so so,
Understand why this place did not get good reviews....will NOT return here!

• Visited April 2014