Despite the good reputation of the Four Sisters chain (we have liked many of them) this new one is horrible. For the money we paid we expect to get a room that fits the description, is ready for our arrival and fit to stay in.
Our expensive room was billed as having a "private deck with hot tub with a view of the Santa Cruz mountains." It is a small above ground hot tub with an overturned staircase and stains. It is anything but private with a screenless window of another room looking right out on the deck. There is no table or chairs but two lounges and an empty pot filled with bags of potting soil and a view of the rooftops, parking lot and the coke machine of the hotel next door!
Overall, the decor is nice and the room is clean but it does not make up for the many problems. The room is tiny, no desk, huge closet but no refrigerator, EXTREMELY noisy from the room above, hallway and stairway and you can hear the toilet flush, the shower and voices and the TV in the other rooms. It made for a very sleepless and restless night. The bathroom is very small and the sink drain was stopped up and non-working. I had to reach under the sink to manually drain the standing water out. When we turned the shower on, the shower head is positioned so that it sprays right out the shower door and all over the bathroom floor!!!
Many calls to the front desk went unanswered during the day and evening so we couldn't ask for the morning coffee delivery. No water in the room,no pen or paper or other nice amenities that comprable B and B's usually have. The common room on the first floor had a water cooler in the corner but no water bottle! But, it was clean!
We travel a great deal and stay in nice hotels and B and B's all over and we will NEVER stay here again. If in town, stay at the Inn at Depot Hill or Babbling Brook Inn for great and hospitable service and accomodations for less money. Trust us, do not stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff across from the beach, West Cliff Inn is a renovated historic building offering well appointed guestrooms and a fabulous coastal location. This Four Sisters Inn is a three-story Italianate Victorian with a wraparound porch offering views of the Monterey Bay. The inn features a breezy, coastal decor with fabrics in crisp blues and whites and the well-appointed guestrooms feature a fireplace, a marble tile bathroom, and most offer a jetted spa tub and king bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Cliff Inn, a 4 Sisters Inn
- West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Hotel
- West Cliff Santa Cruz