West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$119
$119
$115
Hotels.com
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$162
$132
Hilton.com
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$90
$81
QualityInn
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$168
Hotels.com
Super 8 Santa Cruz/Beach Boardwalk East(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$139
$131
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$111
$104
The Islander Motel(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$70
Bay Front Inn(Santa Cruz)
$93
$87
Travelocity
Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$159
All reviewsb bafternoon winedumb waiterwine and appetizerswine receptionbay windowgas fireplacebeach bungalowold victorianbreakfast was deliciouspublic areasfavorite roomhomemade cookiesdeluxe kingyour luggagespa roomthe main house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Could not have asked for a better place to stay in Santa Cruz. The location was perfect, right in the middle of everything Santa Cruz has to offer. The beach is a short walk in one direction and the town a short walk in the other direction.
The staff at the hotel couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them and so many little extras were included in the price. They even gave me stamps for my postcards.
The room we had was huge and the bathroom was amazing and the beds were comfortable. Everything was super clean and it was very quiet at night. The breakfast included was great.
Santa Cruz is a bit of a sleepy town off season, but for that I got a great price for the room. If I was to go back to Santa Cruz in the busy season I would still choose to stay at the West Cliff Inn.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank LynneS155
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The website description was an understatement. We had been to Santa Cruz several times and always wondered what the West Cliff Inn was like. First of all, the staff is wonderful, and that breakfast cook is "the man". We were able to check into Room 5 early, and what a room. The spa on the balcony was magnificent. It was all the little things that truly added up to the perfect trip: Wine and appetizer happy hour, delicious breakfast, fresh cookies, the common area balcony to enjoy a priceless view of the bay, super comfortable bed, and quiet nights. We kept the windows open for a nice cross breeze, and did not hear a sound until about 8am. Just so peaceful. Our new favorite hotel in SC.

Room Tip: Room 5 all the way. Balcony with an outside spa that was very clean and hot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just back from a lovely weekend at the West Cliff Inn. I booked our room with a friend's wedding discount so we paid less than advertised rates. Note, during the good weather, all places in the area are marked up considerably - even the crappy motels closer down toward the wharf. West Cliff Inn is not a crappy motel - it is an old Victorian turned into a B&B in a fantastic location --- just up from all the fuss along the beach.

I loved our stay: there were 3 of us in the Deluxe King room #9 at the top. This room in particular sleeps 3 --- and comfortably. Our bathroom was huge and allowed for the 3 of us to enter and move around and get ready without much bumping into one another - a hard feat for women! The room itself happened to also be beautiful - modern furnishings and tons of place to put stuff down including a desk and large coffee table in front of the day bed. If you're a light sleeper, this may not be the room for you --- the air conditioning unit is very loud and the sky lights (which are beautiful) bring light in early. This room also had no views (but we didn't need views).

The breakfast is such a lovely addition to the Inn's charm. Cooked with love and tons of options; scrambles, fruit, pastries, etc. The coffee was great! They have wine and cheese in the early evening, too.

I found the service to be so polite from check in to the maid service.

As for parking, there is one car per room, so there shouldn't be an issue with them not having a spot for you.

Great stay - I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ocean view if that's your thing and if they allow you to request. I know #3 was beautiful, my friend 'the bride' stayed in it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I were on a 4 day driving trip down the Pacific Coast Highway and made a point to stop in Santa Cruz. We chose the West Cliff for the price and views and we were not disappointed. This was by far the best spot we stayed out of 4 inn/B&B's along the way. We stayed in room #4 which looked out onto the beach and pier and a commanding view of Santa Cruz life. Right outside our window was a large wrap around deck with plenty of seating, we never saw anyone out there and used it in the early evening and later before bed. The Inn has nice robes for after a shower and the bed was heavenly. I wish we lived closer by this beautiful Inn as we would surely go several times a year.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ThatsAGiven
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I don't like having to write this review, but I want to warn others so they do not have the same experience. I had such high hopes for the West Cliff Inn. A few months ago, based on reviews from tripadvisor, I booked a room (for two nights) for my husband and I to visit this past weekend. Based on the room type we booked, we knew we would have either Room 5, 7 or 9. When I booked it, I knew I could have any one of those rooms. A few weeks before our trip, we decided to email the inn and see if we could choose which room we would have. Based on lots of research regarding the rooms, we sent an email and requested either room 5 or room 9 -- we specifically asked not to have room 7. If the inn had told us at that point that we could not state a preference in advance of arriving, I would have understood. Instead, we were quite pleased when we received an email back the same day informing us that we were in room 5. I responded and thanked the inn and proceeded to get excited about our room. Seriously excited -- it was something we talked about multiple times leading up to the the trip. Because room 5 had a private balcony with a hot tub (the only room with an outside hot tub), I packed several swim suits and my husband and I purchased wine and cheese on the drive there to enjoy on the balcony upon our arrival. After a three-hour drive, we finally arrived at 6:00 p.m. The entire way, we kept talking about how excited we were for the hot tub. We even left work a few hours early so we could enjoy the evening on the balcony. Unfortunately, when we got to the front desk, the clerk (who was nice and not to blame) informed us that we were in room 7. When we told her we had an email saying we were in room 5, she said someone who checked in before us asked to switch to room 5 so now we were in room 7 -- the one room we did not want. What?! We tried to not be upset and not let it ruin the weekend, but when we got up to the room, we were shocked by how blah room 7 was. Even more disappointing was the fact that our only window looked out to the balcony with room 5's hot tub (literally feet away from the window). So, not only would we not get the room we had been promised with the hot tub, but we would get to hear the people who switched into the room enjoy it when we opened the window for fresh air. In the end, we decided to leave and stay at the Dream Inn across the street. Although it was not the B&B we had hoped for, it did have a hot tub, it had a great restaurant, and . . . more importantly . . . the hotel was completely honest from beginning to end. We had a great time there and were very impressed with the staff and our ocean-view room (where we could hear the waves instead of someone in a hot tub). The next day, we decided to drive down to Carmel to have a true B&B experience and ended up staying in one of the most amazing places I've ever stayed -- the Cypress Inn (highly recommend it -- per our review there). If there is anything I can say positive about the West Cliff Inn, it would be that it forced us to travel an hour south and stay in a much better place than we would have experienced if we stayed at the West Cliff Inn.

The bottom line for my review is that the common area for West Cliff Inn was nice. Although room 7 was blah, it would have been fine (and would not have resulted in either a good or bad review). But, the dishonesty in telling us one thing (I still have the email) and then switching it up was more than disappointing. I wanted to write this review to warn others not to set expectations on what the inn tells you. Then you might not be as disappointed as we were. Because I do not like dishonesty, I will never stay at the West Cliff Inn. I will, however, definitely go back to the Cypress Inn in Carmel. If we end up going back to Santa Cruz at some point, we would stay at the Dream Inn.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple