We stayed here for one night on October 13 2012 for a quick visit to the Boardwalk during our 2 week tour.
We booked a package, including boardwalk tickets, for the "petit queen cottage". The cottage is adjacent to the main house and is full of charm and totally self contained. Check in was easy and staff very polite and we were given a little tour of the property showing us were the fridge (with complimentary soft drinks) was, the lounge area for the wine reception, the breakfast room and a collection of DVD's , which you could borrow and play in your room on the DVD player provided. Even though we were in the cottage we still had access to the main house at all times (key card). The cottage is tastefully decorated, and although a liittle on the small side (as the name suggests), it was larger than we thought and still had space for storing our suitcases and bags. Comfortable bed and decent size bathrrom, running the length of the cottage. Spotlessly clean.
We just about had time for a glass of complimentary wine, as we needed to head to the Boardwalk before it closed, the wine reception is a lovely touch and the views out to sea are perfect, we would have stayed longer if it wasn't for the Giant Dipper roller coaster !!!
Breakfast was fantastic, with a selection of fresh fruit and cereals, juices and coffee. But the stand out elements here was the fresh cooked scones and muffins and their hot potato creamy cheesy bake thingy !!!!!!! We found it to be very appetizing and well cooked, unlike a previous reviewer, who stayed here the same weekend.
We loved the Boardwalk so much, that we felt the 1 hour we had there the previous night wasn't enough to do it justice, so we changed our plans and stayed in Santa Cruz for a few extra hours. We were told we could leave our car at the hotel, which saved the parking costs elsewhere.
This is an amazing hotel and would re visit if in SC again and would recommend to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on a bluff across from the beach, West Cliff Inn is a renovated historic building offering well appointed guestrooms and a fabulous coastal location. This Four Sisters Inn is a three-story Italianate Victorian with a wraparound porch offering views of the Monterey Bay. The inn features a breezy, coastal decor with fabrics in crisp blues and whites and the well-appointed guestrooms feature a fireplace, a marble tile bathroom, and most offer a jetted spa tub and king bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Cliff Inn, a 4 Sisters Inn
- West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Hotel Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Hotel
- West Cliff Santa Cruz