“Great Italilan Food”

Star Bene Incorporated
Ranked #141 of 369 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Soquel, California
“Great Italilan Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Star Bene is a small, unassuming restaurant in Santa Cruz, CA. It's cosy and comfortable inside and the food is fantastic. The Italian dishes are just yummy, no matter which one you try, you won't be disappointed. They also serve some Argentinian dishes but I can't pass up the Italian ones so have never tried them. Service is good and they have a nice wine list. I'd highly recommend it but make reservations as we locals love the place.

• Visited April 2013

California
“Horrible Service - so many other great options in Santa Cruz!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

The waiter took forever to even bring us water. My date finally got his iced tea after we were almost done with our food. I was never offered another glass of wine (1st one also came late) and overall the service was very poor. Food was good though...

Restaurante Avanti, Lilian's, Cafe Mare and Caruso's are all MUCH better than Star Bene; excellent and friendly service with much more robust (and authentic) Italian menus. I would definitely suggest any of these over Star Bene.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank capitolajules
Los Angeles, California
“yum pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I'm not sure how the food has an Argentinean influence, seemed mostly italian pasta. But it was very good pasta :) If ever we visit this area again I am definitely going to visit this restaurant and have another plate of yum yum pasta.

Visited February 2013
“Love Star Bene”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

We recently ate here for my bday, & it was great! We tried to order on valentines day & silly us, didn't realize what day it was, so when we called in, the lady was really nice & helpful & helped us find a place to eat that wasn't going to be booked or reservation only.

So we went the next day, my bday :) the lady, I think the owner, was there & remembered us from the phone call, & really was so nice & made us feel like we were part of her family. While we waited, she even compt us a glass of wine for my bday :))

The food was amazing, we took it to-go & ate it right on the near by beach.

I look forward to going there every time we visit!

“A great neighborhood place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Star Bene is a satisfying place. Yesterday we had the tilapia in a lemon caper sauce with roasted potatoes. The fish was melt in your mouth delicious. The sauce was light but packed with flavor. The Tators were crisp and mildly spiced; hot and creamy on the inside. Finished off with homemade flan. A great dinner. Service was wonderful too. Nice atmosphere.

1 Thank Myron1947