“Great Boardwalk location, reasonable accomodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Coastview Inn

Coastview Inn
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Oregon
“Great Boardwalk location, reasonable accomodation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This was a nice inn to spend the night in. Not fancy, average beachy-type motel. Off street parking, wireless internet, breakfast included. Small pool. Not the Ritz, but the price isn't either. I would recommend based on location alone. Right on the Boardwalk. Bars and restaurants nearby. The amusement park is a block away, and the pier about 2 blocks. Trolley runs right down the boardwalk and we enjoyed the ambiance of Santa Cruz for a brief stay. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Coastview I, Guest Relations Manager at Coastview Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for all your wonderful comments on our motel at the Coastview Inn. It is our priority to provide clean and comfortable rooms for our guests. When finding parking gets to be a problem or there is a fee to park somewhere how nice it is to be able to walk to several venues and not have a care since we offer off street parking. The amusement park being right down the boardwalk provides fun for the whole family so when you are in our area we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

It's Santa Cruz not Miami beach don't expect the Four Seasons. Prime location! Every room has a porch light. Loved coming around corner and it was all lit up. Felt safe each night just me and my boys.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the glowing report on your stay at the Coastview Inn. Our desire is to provide a clean and comfortable stay for you and your family. Also speaking of secure areas we provide those porch lights on each room so that you do feel safe when looking out the door peep hole to see who is there, So all in all we offer great value for what you pay for your room and we look forward to seeing you and your family again when in our area.
Coulterville, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

great location for someone who cant walk very far,for long periods at a time and room was very clean and bed was very comfortable and the up stairs view out the king room was just like it showed on line,the parking was good,the staff was very helpful and polite,right across from coconut grove,free breakfast in mornings and is limited,free coffee all day long,walk across the street to boardwalk / wharf,may need ear plugs for blocking out sealions ,and you don't have to move your car or look for a parking spot and pay $12.00 pr.day which is nice,resturants located below motel,pizza,mexican,bowling alley entrance,corner cafe,just a few,desk clerk (Branden) was great and check in was easy.

Room Tip: higher floors have less traffic noise,views are better,and are quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our Surf motel. Our location is one of the best around as you commented on. It is our desire to have a clean and comfortable room for our guests.which is a priority for us. The sea lions are a free attraction that you do need to protect your ears at times but it is awesome to see them and/or hear them in action. When you come thru our area again we look forward to hosting you again
Dorset
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

This motel has plenty of car parking. Located right on the boardwalk but slightly back off the road so should be quieter at night. The rooms are very clean, absolutely spotless as are the bath rooms. Breakfast was adequate. Staff were very polite and helpful. As far as motels go I think this is a good example, it certainly ticks all the boxes hence the positive review.

However, for our entire road trip this was the most expensive accommodation at about £160 for the night and it was definitely the most basic. On the other hand I knew the cost when I booked it, I recall it was the only place that had availability for one Saturday night only so I think we must have paid a premium for this.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Coastview I, Guest Relations Manager at Coastview Inn, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your review of Coastview Inn. We pride ourselves on clean and comfortable rooms but start with good customer service. Please accept our deepest apology for the way you were treated,. There is never a good excuse for our front desk to be rude to a guest and this is being addressed rest assured. We started placing room keys in envelopes after a certain time for the convenience of the guest. No waiting for your room key late in the evening has been working well for our guests as their drives normally are very long and they just want to get to their room to relax, as I'm sure you wanted to which just made the situation worse, Again we ask the you accept our apology and know we care how you were treated .
Cali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Perfect location - right across from the beach/boardwalk. Check in was easy, room was clean/bed was comfortable. Onsite parking was also a big plus. I was pleasantly surprised. Free breakfast included, but started at 8am, and we had to depart at 7am.

Room Tip: In room microwave/refrigerator very convenient
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of our Coastview Inn. Our location is one of the best around and the onsite parking is perfect when you still have a car to unload or just for general purpose it just makes a stay so much nicer.It is our desire to provide clean and comfortable rooms with great customer service and appreciate you noticing our staff upon check in. Our breakfast is being discussed as to time to begin so please know we hear what you are saying and we do care. We look forward to seeing you when you are in our area again.
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Nice weather, great location (can't get any better), reasonable price. Comfortable room. Free breakfast and free coffee whenever you want it. Walk to the boardwalk or the wharf. May want to bring earplugs to block out the constant barking sealions.

Room Tip: Book early to get one of their beach view rooms with a big screen TV.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response on your stay with us at the Coastview Inn. We pride ourselves on clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate for our guests. Being by the boardwalk and wharf make your stay with us great for the views as well. We look forward to your next stay with us when in our area.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The hotel is just OK amenity wise, I guess good enough location (sketchy at night though) but...I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel office person in my life! I tried to call twice to let them know I wad arriving late (11PM) with no luck. So I show up and at the locked office and see it says ring for service. After ringing the doorbell I notice there is an envelope with my name in a mail slot. But before I can do much else a very red, flustered, and ALCOHOL smelling man comes out into the office from the back and looks at me and starts shouting "What? What do you need??" I said oh I just got the envelope with the room keys and he says "Yea, the envelope is in place so you don't have to wake me up. *mumbling* jeez idiot" Before I can apologize he just walks off into the back in a huge huff while I am trying to ask a question AND SLAMS THE DOOR TO THE OFFICE AND AGAIN TO HIS BEDROOM!!Basically don't stay here if you want to feel insulted for asking for any help or assistance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends