“Perfect Location”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Hinds Victorian Guest House
Virginia Beach, CA
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed November 5, 2007

I had the pleasure of staying in Hinds House this past October, and it was beautiful. The weekly rates are more than reasonable. The accommodation's were adequate for a long stay. They had everything we needed. I will go there again.

• Liked — They had everything we needed
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jumpster85

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2007

My husband was attending the Pickwick Universe at the university this summer and we found the Hinds House to be an excellent place for both of us. I wandered the shops and relaxed and he was able to get to the university by bus every day at the end of the road.
We had a small "blip" with our booking but they sorted that out with a quick telephone call and their arrrival on site.
It is an amazing property full of charm and character and your every need is catered for. So close to the town centre, walk everywhere and a great peaceful karma when you are inside your room.
You don't need to bring anything I can't recommend it enough.

• Liked — We had our own space
  • Disliked — The blip at checkin
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MissElainey
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 19, 2006

In the first two weeks of January I was contracted to work at a medical clinic in Santa Cruz. I wanted to stay somewhere furnished where I could have a kitchen. I was hoping to find someplace interesting and not too instututional like a standard hotel. A friend told me about the Hinds House. My stay was better than I could have ever imagined.

This place is a beautifully maintained 1888 Victorian mansion with all the original woodwork and materials intact. There are 10 guest rooms on two floors, some with shared baths (that's what I chose) and some with private baths. The whole ground floor is divoted to common rooms where guests can lounge around in the parlor, play the grand piano in the sitting room or eat in the ornate dining room. The main floor has a full kitchen that is equipped with everything down to baking supplies and salad spinners. Each guest has designated space in a cupboard for food storage and space in one of three refrigerators. The management has thought of everything: there is free wireless DSL, computer workstation, free laundry, full basement for bicycle and surfboard storage, private mailboxes and parking. My room (#5) was beautiful and came with all that I needed including a VCR, CD player and work desk.

The folks who own this place also run a B&B a few blocks away called the Adobe on Green Street and their experience at making places comfortable really shows. My mattress was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Two of the best things about staying there were the location and the pricing. Being on the corner of Church and Chestnut Streets, I was three blocks from the center of downtown. I didn't have a car and I could walk to everything. I never felt isolated or cut off from whatever I needed. The prices are reasonable. My room was $360 per week. There are some rooms that are $300 per week. The catch is there are no overnight stays. All rates are by the week only. All in all this was a special and rare place to be for a couple of weeks. I just wish there were more places like this in other cities.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business