“Green gardens, green business, green with envy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Adobe on Green Street Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Helena, Montana, United States
“Green gardens, green business, green with envy”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

As an extrovert who does enjoy a "chatty host" at times, I wouldn't change a thing at the Adobe. The peace and quiet provided a balm for weary travelers like us. My wife and I lingered late into the morning, sitting in the kitchen while other guests came and went, and then moved to the gardens while the birds came and went and entertained us with song along the way. We enjoyed the simplicity and lack of clutter but also discovered the bookshelf and video library when we went in search of a bit of entertainment. The host guide book gave us great ideas and made our stay in Santa Cruz that much better. Well run, well furnished, we'll return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loren G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I loved the quaintness and quietness if Adobe on Green. It had such a personal touch. The breakfast nook was so charming. And the information provided in the rooms on what to do and where to dine was spot on! Loved this place!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kelly-mark-arizona
Salt Spring Island
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I and most people choose to stay in a bed and breakfast for the interaction with the host(s) and
other guests. Our reservation was made by e-mail, the confirmation made by e-mail, the check-in
by information left in an envelope, breakfast was continental self service and check-out was self-service per written instruction. We did not see anyone while we were there though a phone number was graciously provided should we have needed to actually speak to someone! Having said that, the place is very nice, updated and tastefully furnished. The property/house is tucked back off the street with ample parking and tasteful grounds and just a short stroll to downtown Santa Cruz. We stayed in the room upstairs (but cannot recall the name). The bed seemed very soft, but was actually very comfortable and the linens were very nice. The room was well appointed and very clean. Breakfast was nicely presented with a large variety of foods (except anything freshly prepared hot). Fortunately, we qualified for a small discount for booking within 24 hours of our stay they had a room available. Overall it was very nice, if not a little odd (but perhaps that is Santa Cruz
for you).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jason R
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was by far the best B&B experience I ever had! We had complete privacy in a quiet and comfortable room. the room was on the top floor of the house, an old adobe on a wooded hilltop overlooking downtown. the room was spacious, with a desk for working, free wifi, large windows overlooking the redwood and palms outside. two sinks in the bathroom and plenty of hot water. this is a tasteful and comfortable home. i especially loved the many Edward Curtis photographs artfully displayed throughout. Breakfast is just right: you do not have to make small talk with strangers while having your first cup 'o the day. it is simple self serve coffee, juices, granola with fresh fruit, local scones and homemade jams. its all you need. Santa Cruz is cool and funky and there is much to explore in the area. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kelley f
Vacaville, CA
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My husband & I recently celebrated our 24 year anniversary in Santa Cruz & stayed at the Adobe Green Street Inn. First of all, I found they had a last minute booking special which worked out well for us, and made the room an excellent value. The special is for booking 24 hours ahead, but when I called 48 hours ahead, the woman who answered the phone gladly accepted my request for the last minute booking discount. Making the reservation was no hassle, but when I remarked this was for my anniversary, she did not comment. She was polite, but not at all friendly on the phone.

I was sent an email the following day with all the instructions I needed. We left late & hit traffic on the way, so did not arrive until 7:30. It was dark, but we were able to find our room key & room by following the instructions left for us. "Check in" happened without us encountering anyone!

I hate hotels that look and smell like hotels!! I like a unique room & this inn definitely provides that. The room was small, but beautiful. I was aware that I was booking the smallest room in the inn, so was expecting the size. Having a private entrance is a huge bonus for me, and the patio off our room with the fountain was beautiful & peaceful. The room was immaculate with the small exception of a little dust on the "fireplace" unit. These are not wood burning fireplaces, but the gas w/ fake logs type. We were able to keep the room warm with this gas fireplace/heater. Our only problem was since it is such a small room, it heats very quickly & holds the heat, so we had to leave the door ajar a few times when it got too warm.

The atmosphere of the entire inn is peaceful, quiet & inviting. We had access to the kitchen to store a few things in the fridge & could use a microwave to re-heat. I like this as it cuts down on eating out as much. The breakfast that comes with the room is excellent. The fresh baked scones every morning are amazing! There are also bagels, granola, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, tea, coffee, & OJ. With all this, we were able to eat a good enough breakfast that we just skipped lunch & had an early dinner. This helped with the overall cost of our trip as well.

In almost 48 hours there I finally saw 2 staff members one afternoon. They are polite, but keep to themselves. My only complaint for the entire stay is that the bed in our particular room (the fireside room) was far too firm for our liking. There was no give in the mattress whatsoever. Some people might like that, but it wasn't very comfortable for my husband & I.

Overall, I felt like we were staying in a friend's home as opposed to a hotel. That's the kind of atmosphere I want on a romantic trip. Since we stayed on weekdays during winter & booked last minute, the price just could not be beat! If we wanted to pay any less, we would have had to settle for a fleabag motel!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed December 8, 2012

What is there to say. We had another great night at the Adobe and conclude once more that there is nothing like it. The Adobe is stylish, serene, and cozy. We curled up in bed with the fireplace on, watched a movie from the large DVD collection in the library, and then slept like babies in the comfy bed, just perfect. Breakfast included delicious homemade and organic treats. Leaving this oasis of bliss was very VERY difficult and we hope to return again soon.

Room Tip: Lookout Room really does have amazing views. The fireside room is another gem. All rooms have their...