“Dont ever go!!!”
Review of Motel Santa Cruz

Motel Santa Cruz
Ranked #54 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Me and my friend were driving down from canada and had been sleeping in tents for a week so we found it cheap on expedia. While waiting outside these two other people starting mentioning nervously that they heard it was a crackhead. After they went to their room a cracked out naked man ran by us falling up the stairs to the top floor where a woman screaming started. We then ran out of the hotel as fast as we could. Absolutely terrifying

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank colinrichard91

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was trying to save money and book a room that offered breakfast. They claimed they had continental breakfast but they don't even have coffee. The pillows and blankets are nasty! The so called towels are a joke! I wish I had read some if the other reviews here prior to making my reservation! Don't do it.... The people are just weird, gross, and creepy. Reminds me of a commercial I used to see on TV.... Seriously very very bad!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jesykalynerz
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Me and some friends were driving down the California coast and were in need of a motel. This motel seemed cheap and ok, and it was. It's not cosy in any way, but really not all that bad. If you are only in need of a bed for a few hours of sleep Motel Santa Cruz is ok. If you want more in a motel, go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This IS with out a doubt THE WORST motel I have ever stayed stayed in... the toilet was broken and they quickly fixed the broken chain with shoe lace, heater didnt work. I asked for 2 extra pillows and the lady hung up on me, I called back and she said they were on their way, I swear she took them off her own bed. Had some gawd awful pillow cases on them..... They were kind enough to have two towels in the room for you to use but they were so worn they are transparent...

****** Save your MONEY, stay somewhere else***** at $179.00 I truly feel ripped off****

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Shonn C
Reviewed July 29, 2013

No deadbolt on the door which was NOT a good thing with a toddler!!! Some random woman off the street walked right into our room!!! Our towels were filthy!!! NO wifi as advertised. Our fridge was noisy. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY HERE!!!!!!

1  Thank petencandy p
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I thought I could deal with any place for one night. This place needs a wrecking ball hanging over it to remind people to stay away. Anyone who stays here should go down with it. Rooms: nasty. Clientel: nastier. Office staff: nastiest. They don't care because when you are lowest on the food chain how can it get worse and they know it. BTW...if you book it and have issues of ANY KIND they will refer you to PRICELINE and PRICELINE will tell you to contact he motel who will again tell you to contact PRICELINE...get the runaround? Pay by credit card if you don't believe me so at least you can dispute the charge when you get robbed.

They are pet friendly...but my dog refused to stay there too!

Room Tip: There are none!
1  Thank hicoach
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were in town for the night to see B.O.C. at The Boardwalk. This motel isn't the Ritz, but it served it's purpose well for a place close to the Boardwalk just to crash for the night. The pillows were fluffier than some I've seen in nicer motels, and they give you plenty of them. Our room was clean, had a decent sized bathroom. Nice sized TV with cable. We were very comfortable there and would stay there again if we ever come back to that area.