“Horrible”

Motel Santa Cruz
Ranked #53 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
“Horrible”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

This IS with out a doubt THE WORST motel I have ever stayed stayed in... the toilet was broken and they quickly fixed the broken chain with shoe lace, heater didnt work. I asked for 2 extra pillows and the lady hung up on me, I called back and she said they were on their way, I swear she took them off her own bed. Had some gawd awful pillow cases on them..... They were kind enough to have two towels in the room for you to use but they were so worn they are transparent...

****** Save your MONEY, stay somewhere else***** at $179.00 I truly feel ripped off****

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Shonn C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Murrieta, California
Reviewed July 29, 2013

No deadbolt on the door which was NOT a good thing with a toddler!!! Some random woman off the street walked right into our room!!! Our towels were filthy!!! NO wifi as advertised. Our fridge was noisy. NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAY HERE!!!!!!

1 Thank petencandy p

Travelers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

California
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I thought I could deal with any place for one night. This place needs a wrecking ball hanging over it to remind people to stay away. Anyone who stays here should go down with it. Rooms: nasty. Clientel: nastier. Office staff: nastiest. They don't care because when you are lowest on the food chain how can it get worse and they know it. BTW...if you book it and have issues of ANY KIND they will refer you to PRICELINE and PRICELINE will tell you to contact he motel who will again tell you to contact PRICELINE...get the runaround? Pay by credit card if you don't believe me so at least you can dispute the charge when you get robbed.

They are pet friendly...but my dog refused to stay there too!

Room Tip: There are none!
1 Thank hicoach
Silverton, Colorado
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were in town for the night to see B.O.C. at The Boardwalk. This motel isn't the Ritz, but it served it's purpose well for a place close to the Boardwalk just to crash for the night. The pillows were fluffier than some I've seen in nicer motels, and they give you plenty of them. Our room was clean, had a decent sized bathroom. Nice sized TV with cable. We were very comfortable there and would stay there again if we ever come back to that area.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We booked this motel because of the price and location. However, I will never ever go cheap again. I would rather spend the money on a 4 star hotel than this dump! We spent a family weekend here and our stay here is what soured our vacation. We were afraid at night because there were street walkers and drug dealers staying at this hotel. Our children was with us and it's not a safe place for anyone. Please don't stay here!!!! It's not safe!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank BCMF
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 26, 2012

1) Lobby is a kitchen + Dirty seat as you walk in
2) Someone will give you the keys to the room am not sure if it was a ghost or a zombie
3) Stinky room as you walk in
4) Stuffy beds (seemed like my great^3 grand grand grand egyptian pharaoh was marinated in there)
5) Not all buttons work on the tv remote
6) Defines human beings in their bathroom habitat
7) Dirtiness to the maximum potential!
8) If you choose hell over heaven go to this motel. (period)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank GedoC_12
Dos palos,ca
Reviewed July 16, 2012

When we arrived and the manager help us wearing her pajamas and no bra, we should have known to just leave. The manager was very rude when I asked for more toilet paper saying " wow you used the other roll already". I seen and heard her yelling at the staff several times. I seen and heard her arguing with two different patrons. I could go on and on. Bottom line DO NOT STAY THERE!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family