This was our first big family vacation. We spent 4 days and 3 nights at Ocean Echo Inn. We were very excited to be getting away with our three kids- 3mo, 2yr and 13yrs. We stayed in Cottage 3. The owners were very nice and showed us to our room and were very helpful when we needed ANYTHING at any time of day. Our room had a private balcony and we could see a small portion of the beach from the view. However, if the room didn't have this balcony, I think we would have all gone a bit stir crazy---The cottage was VERY dark.... So, we enjoyed the balcony and the BBQ and made all our meals at home. That being said, the kitchen was super dated and old, but functional. We booked this room because it had a separate King master with the main room that had a twin bed and a twin bed pull out. We had our babies sleep in the room with us and our 13 yr old slept in the main room. It made it a bit difficult because the main room was HIS room. So if he wanted to sleep in, we had to tip toe into the kitchen, etc. Also, his day bed was the ONLY main seating area in the room, so we all piled onto his bed to watch some tv at night.
Overall, this place was super cute on the outside and VERY easy on the eyes. Inside was a bit dated, but we booked this place because of the easy access to the beach. It was literally a couple steps away from our place. We spent most of our time on the private beach and cooked our dinners at the cottage. So because we really did spend most our time on the beach, the look of the cottage inside wasn't a main concern. We just wanted to get away and enjoy being outside at the beach. And we did that! EVERY DAY! It's a great little place to get away and enjoy the beautoful weather.
I know the owners are working on updating a couple of the rooms and I hope they continue to update the rest. This place has WONDERFUL potential and gave us a wonderful family getaway.
Also..... they have beach toys for kids to use at the beach.
With all this being said.... my husband thought that the 300 dollars a night was a bit much because of how dated it seemed inside. I disagree, however, because of all the amenities. Since we were able to cook meals, we saved a lot of money we would have spent out at restaurants. It was also nice not to have to load up all the kids over and over to go out and eat. THAT in itself was worth the money!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden gem with direct access to the beach at Sunny Cove, a favorite local beach between Santa Cruz and Capitola! This property has a private and charming location with quaint rooms and cottages where you can spend the day on your romantic getaway, enjoy fun family events, eat at great local restaurants, then return to the soothing sound of the ocean waves. Some units have fully-equipped kitchens, ocean views & private decks. Some units are dog-friendly. Short walk to restaurants & yacht harbor. Free continental breakfast, free parking & free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages Hotel Santa Cruz
- Ocean Echo Inn And Beach Cottages