Maybe we got our hopes up after reading the wonderful reviews. Granted we had one of the smaller and cheaper rooms, it was tucked away in a long, narrow hallway. The bathroom was very cold and dated. Up a couple steps was the sitting area with an old futon, chairs and table, mini fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Then, the bedroom with tv. The bed was comfy.
The continental breakfast was slim pickings. It was in a room no bigger than our bathroom and consisted of bagels, yogurt, bread, apples and bananas. No where to sit unless you wanted to carry you food outside and around the corner to the patio.
The place wasn't bad, but for what we payed(170 US dollars taxes in) we expected a lot more. Overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hidden gem with direct access to the beach at Sunny Cove, a favorite local beach between Santa Cruz and Capitola! This property has a private and charming location with quaint rooms and cottages where you can spend the day on your romantic getaway, enjoy fun family events, eat at great local restaurants, then return to the soothing sound of the ocean waves. Some units have fully-equipped kitchens, ocean views & private decks. Some units are dog-friendly. Short walk to restaurants & yacht harbor. Free continental breakfast, free parking & free WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages Hotel Santa Cruz
- Ocean Echo Inn And Beach Cottages