“Great for lunch but expensive for dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ideal Bar & Grill

Ideal Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ideal Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 368 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch but expensive for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

So lunch time for a snack or something more like Nacho's excellent.
Beer very good and staff are great.
Location very good as well.
However......
Went back on the evening and wow the price of the food was high... So high we 'jogged' on and had a great Mexican along the board walk at half the price.
Highly recommend lunch time but evening could be more competitive for location and type of food served.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Sacramento, California
“Nothing for vegetarians”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I refused to have my family eat terrible carnival food on the boardwalk, so we took a walk to the wharf and stumbled upon this place. We decided to eat dinner here since they had a fantastic Sunday deal for half rack of ribs for $10.99, this was awesome for my husband and son. When the waiter came by I asked for the mushroom sand which since I'm a vegatarian, he explained that it's only served at lunchtime, and there is nothing vegatarian on the menu for dinner. I decided to just order an appetizer that was civecche. It was tilapia which I didn't eat but had veggies mixed in with approximately 8 tortilla chips. It was the worst thing I've ever eaten ever and it cost me $11.95. The view was beautiful, waiters unfriendly, and my food was terrible. My husband and son liked the ribs. But seriously...way over priced as our bill was $64 before tip includes our sodas. I will never go back.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jetsetters916
Monmouth, Oregon
“More than what I expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

On our recent stop in Santa Cruz, we walked the boardwalk and stopped in to check out the menu. We decided to order Clam Chowder in a Sourdough bowl. It was pretty good. The restaurant was nice and lively.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Biggs
“Good food with awesome views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We went for a late dinner on a Saturday night . Honestly I was nervous because of the reviews but my husband wanted clam chowder & we didn't want to walk to end of wharf. We were seated immediately on the patio & had prompt service for drinks. We ordered an appetizer which came out rather quickly & was good. Our main meals arrived perfectly timed as we finished out appetizer. My husband said his clam chowder was good. I had a side salad it was very large, fresh with various vegetables added in & yummy croutons. The waiter was pleasant & had great timing. After we finished eating he offered to refill our drinks not just give us our bill which was nice because we were enjoying the view & the nice evening.

Houston
“Good food great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My family ate here our first night while visiting Santa Cruz. You can't beat the location as it is at the beginning of the wharf right on the beach. Less than 5 minute walk from our hotel. I had the best calamari ever here. The wait staff was great and friendly. Great outdoor patio to relax and watch the beach from.