“Friday Night Prime Rib - Yum!”
Review of Ideal Bar & Grill

Ideal Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ideal Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 374 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had their Friday night special which is Prime Rib for $11.95. Although a salad or other starter is separate this prime rib dinner is a full dinner with potatoes and vegetables. I did order a dinner salad which was reasonably priced and was excellent. Surprisingly and happily for the price, the Prime Rib was a full cut and was cooked to my exact order. The potatoes were garlic mashed and I'm not a huge fan of garlic in my potatoes but they were very good. Also the vegetables were fresh green beans and carrots. I was pleased that the vegetables were cooked just right too; I've become tired of "al dente" vegetables that are so undercooked they are almost raw. The server was excellent and I only wish I could remember his name so I could recommend him. The view from the restaurant is great (attached photos). All in all a great experience. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Ideal Bar & Grill

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Friendly staff and great view of the water. Great food reasonably priced. Ate here twice and met locals.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great lobster tacos for lunch. Friendly staff, right on the beach, attentive service. Breakfast is fine too. Huevos rancheros is good.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had the Heuvos Rancheros and it was okay. The breakfast potatoes were overseasoned to me. Great locationl

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place has "ok" food, but nothing really special. I think it's more of a tourist attraction because it's close to the boardwalk and wharf, their prices reflect that.