“In line with expectations”
Review of Aqua Breeze Inn

Aqua Breeze Inn
Ranked #37 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
London, United Kingdom
“In line with expectations”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Positives:
- good value for money
- clean rooms
- friendly staff
- great location (about 5 mins walk to the pier and beach)

Negatives:
- rooms a bit tired looking but you get what you pay for

I would recommend if you are just passing through (like we were) but probably worth paying extra for a hotel if you intend to stay for a longer period of time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank JayJC88

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Never going to be amazing for the price you pay, but staff were friendly and everything was clean. Liked the fact that the place had its own character due to not being affiliated to a particular chain. The patio area was a nice touch.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 999MarkL999
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Here for my honeymoon with family and my sister's room was burgled...They got hit for Laptop, new $1200 digital camera loaded with wedding pix, a Nexus and an Ipod...$2500-3000...and Santa Cruz sleepy Police never even sent a car...Motel manager said they would review Security Video...yeah...not holding my breath on that...@#%((%#@#%#

• Stayed August 2013
6 Thank Mike D
AquaBreezeManagement, General Manager at Aqua Breeze Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Guest, I was terribly sorry to hear about your family member losing some of their possessions while staying at our property, and that the police did not respond properly to the situation. I don't know if you wrote this review the moment the incident occurred, but we did in fact review the security video as soon as we heard about what happened to see if there was any useful information to get their belongings back, and also shared this footage with the police when they arrived.
It is terrible that they lost such valuable and irreplaceable items, I can't tell you how much I feel for them, but I feel it is important to note, since this is a review of our property, that their room was not broken into, the door was left open, and I do not feel it is fair to place the blame on us for this. I would advise guests to take precautions wherever they stay though, especially in touristy areas, such as ours.
Millbrae, California
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Great location, friendly staff, good prices. We also brought our dog, for an extra $20 charge, which was well worth it since it can be difficult finding dog-friendly hotels. There are nicer hotels, but you will pay more!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Guy Y
Chowchilla, California
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Paid (way too much) for two nights, only stayed one. Walls are paper thin, too much noise, couldn't call the office to complain because the phone didn't work. The two room "suite" is a second room that's a cramped space with a double bed and just barely enough room to walk around. Badly in need of upgrades. Wifi didn't work. Parental control on cable wouldn't allow us to watch Bill Maher. No coffee maker. Better places farther from the beach, but I'd rather walk than stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Glenna J

Travelers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Modesto, California, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed here on July 21st for 1 night, we had 2 rooms with 2 queen beds in each and it was great! The location was perfect for walking to the Boardwalk and the beach. The staff was friendly and helpful when we had questions. I just wish we had a coffee pot in the room, We found out that they have a couple of rooms that have 2 bedrooms, a living room and a kitchen and the price was amazing when we asked about it, and they were happy to show us the room. So next year we will be booking that room. The pool was amazing as well, they also had an area on the 2nd floor to sit and relax looking over at the boardwalk. I can be a very pickie person but I was very happy with this place and the cost was amazing. I am already looking forward to staying next year but longer then one night. So give this place a try. And remember if you have children ask them about the 2 bedroom room.

Room Tip: If your room is on the 3rd floor park in the back, that way you only have to go up one flight of sta...