“Romantic & fun”
Review of Gabriella Cafe

Gabriella Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Gabriella Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a great little cafe in Santa Cruz. A splendid and reasonably priced menu for many locally sourced ingredients with an eclectic Santa Cruz flair!

The wine list is fun reasonably with lots of local mountain wineries represented at very reasonable prices. I recommend the Ahlgren Cabernet as my top pick.

Whether a date or just a great night out. You can't miss at Gabriella. :-)

1  Thank Quai_Noi

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The quail was incredibly good. The salads are a delight and the wine was very reasonably priced.
I go back to this restaurant quite often and enjoy it every time.

1  Thank Mick B
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I ordered cod in papyrus for a price over $30 - entrée only. The tiny piece of fish came without the polenta. Vegetables sparse. Salad preceding entrée just OK. One would think they could get a meal together and serve it well.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Ate there last night. Even though the restaurant is smal, and there were events going on in downtown Santa Cruz that night (First Friday Art Shows), we were seated right away! I was pleasantley surprised! In short the food was really good. They have a great wine list too, with many of my favorite local vintners on the list. I will say I felt a little "short poured" when I ordered a single glass of wine. It was disappointing becuase I had chosen one my favorite reds. Had to ask for water two or three times. Water glass had lipstick on the rim. It took ten minutes to get someone's attention on that issue alone. The salad was delicious! The main too, was great. Nice and hot, the way we like it. All in all it was a really great meal lessened by poor/slow service. But I will go back and give it another try...maybe just an off service night.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a wonderful experience from the filtered water to the end. The chef is an artist as well as a good cook. The menu is limited, however. We skipped dessert, being too full.

1  Thank orcasgal