“Second Visit To Cafe Mare”
Review of Cafe Mare

Cafe Mare
Ranked #47 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cooper street
Transit: Metro bus station 1 block away.
Description: Old world charm in the heart of Santa Cruz, authentic Italian cuisine with an extensive wine list and a full bar. Open for lunch and dinner as well as brunch on weekends. Ample public parking.
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Once again the place was packed. We called for reservation and received a window table. Not a great view but gives a more open feeling. The Italian bistro feel is very nice and most staff reflect that vibe. They believe in fresh, sustainable ingredients, a plus in this region. The wine list has by-the-glass as well as by the bottle at good prices. My husband likes to taste wines from the region and our beloved Italy, so we usually get by the glass. Grab a salad or appetizer to start. Of course daily specials are great and I love the Mediterranean Seafood Soup, light but packed with yummy morsels from the the ocean. We have not had dessert so can not comment. Penny Ice Cream Is where we head for a sweet treat.

Reviewed October 25, 2011

The dinner we had here was very good. We enjoyed the meal which was an Insalata tricolore followed by some vegetarian pasta and gnocchi. For desert we had a panna cotta. The Cabernet Sauvignion was delicious. The only thing that was missing was a candle. They even thought of fresh grained pepper.
Yumeeeeeeeeee

Reviewed August 28, 2011

Café Mare is an authentic Italian Restaurant in downtown Santa Cruz. I went with my husband and two kids (13 & 17) They made a kid friendly pizza for my 13 year old which he loved. My daughter had the Salmon Vodka Pasta, and my husband had the Seafood Ravioli. Everyone loved their entrees. However, my entrée was the best. I orderd the Crespolini di Zucca. It is Homemade Crepes (2) filled with butternut squash, walnuts & parmesan cheese in a brulee butter & sage sauce and it is too die for. It melts in your mouth. It’s a gourmet dish for only $16.00, in fact there is not one entrée over $21.00! Bring the family or go for a romantic evening Café Mare is perfect for either.

2  Thank SoCalTraveler001
Reviewed September 25, 2010

We arrived in Santa Cruz after a tough couple of days. To top it off, I wasn't feeling well and was not up for a big fancy dinner. We read some of the reviews on TripAdvisor of Cafe Mare and decided to try it. We were not disappointed. The service was topnotch. We ordered a couple of salads and split a pizza, and we were very happy with both the quality of the food and the way we were attended to by the staff. I'd really like to go back and try some of the entrees - they sounded delicious. Highly recommend.

Reviewed March 29, 2010

Great food and service. Nice bar, try their homemade limoncello if you are old enough