Bay Front Inn
Seaway Inn(Santa Cruz)
Fireside Inn(Santa Cruz)
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
  • Pool
All reviewswaffleswalking distanceclean roomsfridge and microwavestayed one nightbeach boardwalkdowntownwharfkeurigrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Very good location.Good breakfast.comfortable and nice room.

Reviewed August 31, 2009

Biggest problem with this place? Parking. The parking lot is pretty limited and we made the mistake of leaving the lot to eat dinner and came back to a full lot. We had to park on the street at a meter but luckily it was night so no meter feeding necessary (the management will feed the meter during the day if there are no spaces available). So definitely recommend if you get a spot, don't give it up (easier said than done, I'm sure).

The room was a little below average. The carpets seemed clean but the bathroom was tiny and didn't seem very well maintained (mold on the ceiling of the shower, tile grout stained). Toilet paper was probably the cheapest "bulk" that could be found. I always judge the cleanliness of a place based on their bathrooms since that's usually where most of the attention by the cleaning staff should be centered. Some of the face towels in the bathroom were stained with brown spots so we didn't use those.

Beds were fine though it was a bit odd to see no fitted sheets over the bed padding and just a regular bed sheet in place of a fitted sheet. The room we had was to the left and in the back. Walls were thin so you could hear anybody walking by and at night the frequent motorcycle traffic was really loud (and I'm normally able to sleep through more background noise).

Overall, it was a basic place to sleep overnight but definitely not the amenities the typical 3 star place would have. For the price, there has to be something better in the area that is equally as close to the beach/Boardwalk. This is definitely a no-frills place to stay but not much more than that.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

Pulling into this hotel I said, "not bad," parking is when it changed to "you've got to be kidding me" I cant understand how they dont even have parking enough to cover the amount of rooms they offer. they have a sign inside saying limited parking, park at the meter, and we'll take care of the rest. those are carefully chosen words for a reason. the room is EXTEMEMLY tiny, and even more DIRTY. Hair on the bath room counter and floor. Tile on the counter DISGUSTING. I didnt want any of us to walk on the floor without shoes. Shower smelled moldy. Towels, bed spread and sheets clean. Way under staffed, however, they are VERY friendly. Great location, walking distance from the beach. not worth $120.00 even for the weekend, close to the beach!!!!

Reviewed July 14, 2009

We booked this motel through Priceline. I had called ahead to verify our room and that it was on the bottom floor. They verified that all was set. When we tried to check in at around 3pm it was a different story. I was told that they did not have a room booked and paid for by Priceline. I told the person at the desk that I had checked with them just the week before and they verified that we had our room. Long story short - they changed their rates a week before our trip and neither Priceline nor the hotel itself let us know. They kept a room available for us but they offered us a "deal" for over $30 more a night. They would not accept the original amount even though when I made the reservation that was the price it was advertised for. I did not bid on this - this was the price listed on priceline. When I asked for a manager none was available (at prime time check in hour!). They would NOT give me the name or phone number of the owner of the hotel. When I finally got hold of priceline it took them over two hours to find us a hotel 2 miles away! The employees were rude and smug - I could hear them talking about me in a room behind the front desk. Don't take a chance on these people or their motel. I also wouldn't recommend Priceline as they have not been very helpful either. What a horrible way to start a vacation

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank billigirl4
Reviewed April 25, 2009

Imagine my surprise when I checked in to the Bay Front Inn in Santa Cruz California, where I stay two or three times a year. Room I thought were nice had been recently and elegantly redecorated. From new carpeting to bathroom tile.... lovely. Happily, the rates remained "friendly" ... as did the Managers Frank and Heidi. This older "gem" is just half a block from the beach. Still!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business