“Booked 11/25/12 for son's graduation,received confirmation. Hotel cancelled us on 2/25/13 due to their error in price”
Review of Bay Front Inn

Bay Front Inn
Ranked #36 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Lodi, California
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Bay Front Inn cancelled our reservation made on 11/25/12( confirmation by them at that time). The hotel sent us a cancellation of our rooms by e-mail on 2/25/13. They wrote they had "displayed the incorrect price" to us on 11/25/12 and could not uphold their agreement. I repeatedly called to speak to the manager to resolve the issue over the course of one week. no one had the courtesy to return my calls. We booked this reservation for our son's graduation in June and now we are at unfair disadvantage trying to find rooms.
I believe they have been unethical and disrespectful in their behavior. I would never recommend them to others. Ms CSW

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue N
rzavar, Manager at Bay Front Inn, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Sue, thank you for writing us a review. After some investigation it looks like the cancellation happened in error through an online travel agent. We are so sorry that we were not more helpful at resolving this issue. This can happen due to the many third-party, middle-man, websites online. We think it is best to make your reservations by booking directly with us at the hotel; moreover, please give us the opportunity to reinstate your booking. My apologies for the inconvenience. However, Please don't hesitate to contact me or my staff so we may work with you to resolve this matter !!

Rupesh - GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reedley, California
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We just stayed here this weekend the hotel was incredibly clean for my surprise, not to mention the low rates they have. We will definitely be staying here again on our next stay, I will recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed for one night and left or phone there and the staff was honest and kept it for us. They actually mailed it back to us in Colorado. Definitely will be staying here everytime we go to Santa Cruz.

• Stayed February 2013
Thornton, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is great! Next time I go to Santa cruse I will stay here and all my friends and family. When I left my phone they were very helpful getting it back to me and informing me about the progress. Wonderful rooms too. Thank you bay front inn you guys are great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights it was wonderful.. front desk agent was sweet helpful and courtousy.. My parents stayed in another room for 1 night and loved it as well.. I love the floors and the bathroom it was quiet and walking distance to the Beach Boardwalk & the Wharf. Beds were comfortable and maid service was great!! I recommend this motel to anyone and you can not beat the price. I am planning to go to Santa Cruz in a few weeks and this is the place I will stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms without anyone above you is my recommendation.. The room was big there were 2 adults and 2...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We reserved a room for the maximum 7 days. It was comfortable. The 2nd nite there was a family above us that was VERY loud and disruptive, starting before 6am. I asked the desk clerk, when they opened, if something could be done about it. They offered to move us or them, and I left it up to the mgmt to decide. 2 nites it was quiet, and then they put the same people above us AGAIN, only the loudness started by 5am. I called the hotel #, and went and stood outside and rang the night bell for at least 10 minutes. Finally I just called the police. It sort of helped, but when they opened the office at 8am, I asked why they moved the same people over us after we had complained about the noise, and why no one was there to answer the night bell. I would stay again, but not in a downstairs unit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Santa Cruz hotels

Berkeley, CA
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Definitely worth the money you pay for a double. Continental breakfast could be richer though, it should offer more than a simple 7/11.
The room was particularly spacious, bathroom was clean. Appreciated the cable service.

• Stayed January 2013