Bay Front Inn
$259
$251
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$149
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$135
$127
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$150
ComfortInn
Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$207
$171
Autograph
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$187
$171
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$133
  • Breakfast included
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$299
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$264
$143
Agoda.com
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
$526
$409
  • Pool
All reviewswaffleswalking distanceclean roomsfridge and microwavestayed one nightbeach boardwalkdowntownwharfkeurigrates
Reviewed October 26, 2012

As you can see from the title, it was a last minute decision to stay in Santa Cruz and it was for one night only. Checked in quite late and the receptionist was very helpful and told us the best places to visit.

As for the room, it was reasonably spacious but very clean with a good size bathroom. Facilities included the usual fridge, coffee machine and air con with free wifi. Was not much noise despite it being near a reasonably busy road so a good nights sleep was had. Can't comment on the breakfast as we had to leave very early in the morning.

If you need a budget hotel this one is recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hajimaru
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Very happy with my stay here. Location is excellent , minutes walk from both beach and city centre. Ample parking which is a bonus in Santa Cruz. Don't let the location by busy road deter you, it got quiet by night time.

Room very spacious, clean, well equipped with fridge, microwave and air con. The wifi was a disaster though, connection kept breaking, and speed not the best.

Hope wifi gets sorted out soon, and then this property would be my preferred option to stay if I am ever lucky enough to visit Santa Cruz again

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank ostan14
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We recently stayed here and it was pretty much what I expected.Stayed here recently for an emergency trip to visit family. The place was exactly what I needed. The location was great. We were able to walk down to the boardwalk area and if we were to return to SC again I would consider staying here again. Peak time I would never pay more than $100 to stay here. We got a military discount and the rate was fair for what we needed it for. The morning we were to check out I guess the front desk staff was a no-show. We did have to wait about an hour or so for someone to show up to open the office and get the free breakfast.

Pro- dvd player and kids channels on cable in the room, hardwood/laminate floors so no gross carpet.
Con-older

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Bay Front Inn totally exceeded my expectations, especially for the price. Stylish, clean, and spacious rooms (don't let the 60's motel exterior fool you) just two blocks from the beach, free wifi, a decent continental breakfast, and the staff is friendly and helpful too. I notice some complained about parking and noise, but neither was a problem during my mid-week stay. As for the complaints about dirty hardwood floors; come on people, if you have hardwood floors at home look at your feet (yep, dirty) after walking barefoot on them awhile. Seriously, would you rather have all that dirt settled down in carpeting in a hotel room? (Loved the hardwood floors, obviously. Great idea.) Only suggestions I could make would be to step up the bathroom a notch with fluffy towels (really, the ones supplied weren't even soft when they were new!) to match to nice bath products provided. And maybe an in-room coffee maker would be nice. Still, would I stay here again? You bet I would.

Room Tip: If possible get an upstairs room. (I did.) It is an older building, and the one possible downside to the hardwood floors would be noisy footsteps above.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Room was very clean and came with refrigerator and microwave. Staff was super nice! Free breakfast was the BEST continental breakfast I have seen at a hotel; so much variety. Would definitely stay here again. Thank you, Rupesh, for the tour of my first apartment that I lived in at 18! :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends