“Happy Hour”
Review of Ristorante Avanti

Ristorante Avanti
Ranked #62 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine dining for twenty five years as the farm to table restaurant for Santa Cruz county. We buy the produce, seafood and animals from the people who grew them, caught them or raised them. Local cuisine with a European bent. The finest wines from Europe with local wines in that tradition. We have a full bar and patio seating. We are on Highway One open for lunch and dinner. Reservations strongly encouraged.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

When we walk the Wharf this is one of our first stops especially for happy hour at the bar. Bartenders are always fast and friendly. Happy hour has so nice drink specials as well as food to snack on. Not to mention the views are amazing nice to watch the surfers and sun set.

CHEERS!!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Menu was different , food organic and tasty . We had a table of eight in the quieter outside covered patio .
Local Relatives were keen to go there as best food in Santa Cruz , didn't wow me but I did enjoy the meal

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Hard to get reservations but worth the wait. Not impressed with wines by the glass, but bottles are better. The baby grilled artichokes were a bit chewy (? Overcooked?) but the chicken and fusilli primi dish was to die for! Should have had that for my main! The bread and olive oil were some of the best I have eaten (yes, I AM a foodie). The dinosaur kale salad and creamy broccoli soup were also excellent. The steaks were delicious...the duck breast was so so. Unfortunately, I ordered it medium rare and it was medium to medium well. The polenta was great. The desserts were okay. My recommendation is the steak, sand dabs or the fusilli pasta. I will try this restaurant again when back in the area.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

From the cocktail to the starters to the main course and wine, this restaurant is a treasure. I highly recommend you make it part of a visit to Santa Cruz. The servers are happy, personable, and professional. The cocktail choices are unique and delicious. I found the grilled artichokes to be an excellent starter. The halibut entree was among the best I've ever had; it seemed to still be dripping sea water, it was so fresh and succulent. They offered a few very tasty wines by the glass, so we were able to conduct tastings during our meal. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were at a B&B .They recommended Avanti.
The service was very good but the food was marginal.
The root soup had been watered down from another night. It tasted primarily like water….very weak.
The eggplant parmesan was a little dry with a wet tomato sauce poured over it.. It seemed like it was microwaved.
The mushroom ragot over polenta was good.
The servers were on top of things. They made sure that we had water,etc. They worked with what they had. The chef needs to do some work on the food.
The atmosphere was okay but it was unfortunate to have a sub-standard dinner.
We will never go back since there are other choices available.