3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$129
eDreams$129
Agoda.com$129
StayForLong
Lol.travel
All reviews across the street great location continental breakfast scones room was clean fresh fruit the santa cruz boardwalk fridge and microwave parking lot would stay again a great place to stay balcony motel wharf proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed April 6, 2017

What a great little Inn. The rooms are incredibly bright and cheerful. They feel very clean, and there are a lot of thoughtful touches added like little bags for sandy shoes, a broom to clean up the floor since there is no carpet, and good bathroom amenities in case you forgot something. The breakfast was limited but it was delicious and restocked often. The only reason we didn’t give it 5 stars is because there is no clock or coffee maker in the room. They offer coffee in the lobby all day, but I am a phene and need caffeine first thing in the morning

• Trip type: Traveled with family
SCBoardwalk, Manager at Carousel Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2017

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay. While we don't provide coffee makers in the rooms, as you noted, fresh coffee is available in the lobby 24/7. I hope you will stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2017

This was so much better than the Wyndam we stayed at in San Jose. The room was great! It was spacious, super clean, beds were comfortable and good coffee and tea 24/7. Did I mention fresh rolls and fruit in the morning to get a quick start on your day? Also everyone was so nice, we felt very welcome. We will definitely stay here again. If you have kids, the location across the street from a HUGE amusement park and beach is perfect. Actually it was perfect for us as well. Be sure to check when the park is open if you are travelling with kids. There were some disappointed kiddos when we were there in March when it is open only on the weekends. Lovely experience!

Room tip: Third floor will give you limited views of the ocean.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank kennlini
Reviewed March 29, 2017

My husband and our 8 yr old daughter came to visit from CO spending Spring Break on a Daddy/Daughter trip. I worked with Lisa King to put something in their room for when they get there. She went WAY over my expectations! Not only taking pictures of items from the Boardwalk gift shop to have me choose to have delivered to their room, she added balloons, a bottle of Apple Cider, and beach balls. I am SO THANKFUL for all Lisa did to help me not miss them so much. Lisa went above and beyond my expectations. I feel like I've made made a friend for life! My family even got a room with a view to the Boardwalk. Next time....I'm coming with them! I've got to meet Lisa face to face!

1  Thank Kathy M
SCBoardwalk, Manager at Carousel Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2017

Hi Kathy! Thank you so much for the great review. It was my pleasure to work with you to surprise your husband and daughter during their special trip. All our staff work hard to go "above and beyond" for all of our guests. I look forward to meeting you on your family’s next visit!

Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

Great location but a very old building with mold all over the bathroom walls and ceiling. Don't waste your money on a "spa room"...the jacuzzi is a good size and it worked well, but again, very old. As I was using it there were little 'floaters' from the drains. Overall, it served our needs for family time. We requested crib and I'm pretty sure it was an antique/illegal/recalled crib, as the slats were about 5" apart. The crib mattress was down so low we couldn't comfortably get the baby in and out. The baby had to sleep in our bed with us.

Trip type: Traveled with family

I'm very sorry to learn that your room was not up to our standards! We plan to remove the Jacuzzi tubs soon and although mold is a fairly common issue near the beach, we have an established plan to address it promptly. We will review those procedures with staff. Our cribs do meet current safety standards, but our staff would have been happy to replace the crib if we'd been informed that it wasn't working for your child. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

The Carousel Beach Inn was right across the street from the Boardwalk entrance. The parking is in the middle of the motel which felt safer for our truck. There is a gate requiring a room key to open for access the rooms. All rooms have a balcony or patio, and all the front doors faced inward, toward each other instead of out toward the street so it felt safer than those facing streets which is a big deal when you have little kids. Although it is an older establishment it has been mostly updated. The smartest up date was the wood style floor (I wish more hotels did not have carpet, the idea of carpet is gross to me). Plus the "wood" floor is a much better choice near the beach, my family brought sand in every time. I also appreciated the broom they provided so I could quickly sweep the sand off the floor, I don't like sand on my feet after I bathe. Since our kids are little and fussy eaters I always bring them food and snacks so I really appreciated the fridge and microwave. I loved the pictures over the bed, it set the tone for the Boardwalk.The kids also liked the balcony and it gave us a little extra space. I loved the toiletries, they smell like Papaya. It's not a sound proof room, so light sleepers might need a sound machine if they choose this motel but we were all so tired from playing hard we slept pretty well. This is not a luxury hotel but cute with cheerful decorations. I felt it was a good value especially considering the location, free breakfast and free parking. The free breakfast was freshly cut fruit, fresh muffins, bagels, orange juice, coffee & tea. The coffee, tea and hot cocoa were available all the time, it was nice to have a warm drink after playing on the chilly beach. It was all kept tidy and nicely presented. The staff was nice and someone was always available when we needed them. They only have about 30(?) rooms so the rooms were cleaned in a timely manner and the staff wasn't overloaded with a ton of other customers. We typically only stay where there are pools but we didn't miss it because we played on the beach instead. We would be happy to stay here again.

1  Thank Justus4forfun