2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$129
eDreams$129
Agoda.com$129
StayForLong
Lol.travel
All reviews across the street great location continental breakfast scones room was clean fresh fruit the santa cruz boardwalk fridge and microwave parking lot would stay again a great place to stay balcony motel wharf proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2017

The location is great. You are just across the road from the amusement park on the boardwalk. Having free parking in this area of Santa Cruz, which is included, would be a real bonus most of the time.

The boardwalk was closed while we were there with lots of damage from the storms. I don't know how noisy it would be when the park was in full swing in summer.

We had booked the room over the phone the night before only on arrival to be informed by the receptionist that the river was quite high and other hotels near-by had been told to be ready to evacuate if the retaining walls to the river broke. Oh and the Wifi isn't working.

Our room was clean if a little bit small. We has a view out to the boardwalk. The bed was very lumpy and uncomfortable. The air-conditioning was very noisy and didn't heat the room. We waited about an hour for reception to bring us up an equally noisy heater.

It was very quite outside with everything shut up down there near the boardwalk. Very few car in the hotel car park.

Without the storm factor, and even if the amusement park and boardwalk was buzzing, I think I still would have been disappointed with the uncomfortable nights sleep. You're paying for the location, not the accommodation.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

The manager Lori was great. Breakfast is very simple bt healthy. Great fresh Scones . Rooms are plain bt clean. Pillows suck! Beds are comfortorable. The Location is perfect will stay here again. Rite across the boardwalk

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2017

My grown daughter and I spent 3 nights at the Carousel Beach Inn. It is a decent, clean, middle of the road motel. It is a good location, we like to walk and we could walk to the wharf, West Cliff Drive path and downtown.

There were a few issues, but other than the squeaky bed, they weren't really the motel's fault. The wi-fi was down, we were told it was restored after our first night, but we were never able to connect. Also, the tv in our room did not work, the signal kept breaking up, we thought it was related to the wi-fi issue. We were credited 10% of our bill when I mentioned it at check out. One night we had a screaming baby next door that woke us up and the following night there was a party, but after I called the front desk they shut them down quickly.

I'll be traveling to Santa Cruz quite a bit in the future, but will not go back to Carousel Beach Inn.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
SCBoardwalk, Manager at Carousel Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I’m sorry that you had these issues but I’m glad we were able to resolve them for you at the time. Some of the circumstances were beyond our control, but I’d appreciate the opportunity to speak with you about your stay. We did credit you during your stay, but I’m happy to offer you a special discounted rate the next time you are in town. Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate it.

Lisa King
Director of Lodging Operations

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

We are a family with 2 teenage boys (15 & 17). Loved this place. Beautiful decor. Very nice employees. Parking included which was a huge bonus. Right across the street from the boardwalk. Down the street from a great family friendly long boarding beach. Would definitely stay here again!!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Santa Cruz in Feb was very quiet, making the location of the Carousel Inn not ideal at this time.
The room was good, just had very squeaky mattresses which wasn't great with a baby.
Breakfast was ok, only a few options, I would have liked to see more fruit available.

Trip type: Traveled with family