This hotel is all about location. It is 1 minute walk to the entrance of the Boardwalk and Beach. The hotel is 2 star standard with basic rooms but plenty big enough in size making it ideal for a weekend in Santa Cruz, it was also clean.
Breakfast is included but is very basic with just fruit, bagels and cake to eat, no cereals etc are on offer. Tea / Coffee / Juice is also available with Coffee available 24x7.
On booking the hotel we could find no availablity on any of the main booking sites but was able to book it direct with the hotel. We requested a room with a balcony but was given a ground floor room with a outdoor area which had a 6 foot wall around it offering no view and making it feel like a prison. I did ask if we could move to a higher floored room with a balcony. I was told I would have to pay more for this, it did not mention that on the web site.
For approx $120 per night we were happy with that due to the location plus parking is free. Car's have to be out of the car park by 1pm on departure day. I did ask if I could pay to leave the car a few more hours as we wanted to use the beach all day as it was a very hot weekend but I was told no beacuase they were busy. On returning back to the car at 1 there was 4 other cars in the car park, it was empty!.
Santa Cruz is beautiful and very clean, not trashy like other review has mentioned. Broadwalk is spotless and the beach has no litter at all with it being cleaned daily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The family-friendly Carousel Beach Inn is just steps away from the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk and the Main Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Carousel Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Motel Santa Cruz
- Carousel Hotel Santa Cruz
- Carousel Santa Cruz