“Duck fat popcorn....”

Cuisines: American, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fair Ave
Description: West End is a neighborhood eatery which showcases the flavors of a traditional pub with a California twist; using local, fresh and seasonal foods. Our food is cooked to pair perfectly with one of many craft beers and wines. Our chef brings French cuisine techniques to a simple and approachable menu for all to enjoy and afford! We are proud to offer healthy and fun kids choices along with mouth-watering house-made desserts and ice creams. Come in and be our guest!
“Duck fat popcorn....”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

....that's all that needs to be said, ha! Went here for a lunch birthday for a co-worker so cannot comment on beers, etc.

Upon seeing the popcorn as an appetizer, why would you not order it?? We then had the olive appetizer as well, kalamata olives in garlic and thyme. Initially a strong flavor, but once you get used to it, very good.

I personally selected the ham and brie sandwich with arugula, yum! Came with a side salad which is nice, don't need anymore carbs with the bread, which I believe is fresh from Kelly's Bakery next door.

Co-workers selected some of the flat bread options and everyone loved what they had. Didn't taste so cannot comment.

This place has a great location on Westside SC and I understand it's the place to be on the weekends.

Will definitely go back with hubby and try out their dinner menu. Highly recommend a stop.

1 Thank BabsSC

“Good food”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

First of all I have to say that I am vegan so the menu was limited. I had a very good salad and we had these small peppers that were wonderful as an appetizer. They had wine on tap for $5 a glass and it was very good. The also have beer samples that looked fun to get. My husband had salmon which was perfectly done. The only reason it is getting 4 stars was for the volume.
It was so loud in the restaurant, we could not hear each other. So if this does not bother you then make this place one to try!

• Visited June 2014
Santa Cruz
“Amazing food and great service”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband and I go to West End ALL the time. The food has never disappointed and we have always had the best service. They have a great happy hour (and it's all night on Tuesday). Last time we went, I had the short ribs, which I almost licked the plate clean. There was literally nothing left. My husband had the chicken and was really impressed. Moist and delicious. Another favorite is the pancetta flat bread. We have tried almost everything on the menu and everything has been phenomenal. Highly recommend! (Oh and try the Passion beer, not too sweet, but really refreshing.)

“Awesome Happy Hour”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

After much pleading from a co-worker who RAVES about this place, I finally made a solo visit and caught them for happy hour on a Monday. The bartender, Chris, was SUPER friendly and knowledgable about all the brews being offered. I got an IPA flight and he even added another IPA that was a favorite of his to the flight. How cool is that? The happy hour menu was small, yet amazing, because everything on it was $5 or less. After Chris' recommendation, I went with the fried Calamari. It was honestly the BEST Calamari I have had in this county. Fried perfectly in a light and crisp batter, it was accompanied by thinly sliced and lightly battered jalapenos. OMG. This was the bomb. It included two dipping sauces. One was a home-made ranch dressing and the other was a simply amazing translucent sauce made with ginger, garlic and lemon. The dinner menu looked really great and I hope to go back this week for a full meal. I have found a new, favorite eatery in the county. WAY TO GO!

York
“new menu”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Had the new flat breads - the portobello really delicious. The place has a great atmosphere to but if you like to mix it up, there are other beer and wine options very close by.

Visited May 2014