“Solid Falafel's - what more do you want?”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Falafel House

Falafel House
Ranked #147 of 369 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Santa Cruz, California
“Solid Falafel's - what more do you want?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Excellent food at reasonable prices in downtown SC. I gem.

Visited July 2012

meridian
“Yuck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My cousin and I stopped in, out of all the places along the board-walk, to this little shop. It looked perfect! Man were we wrong. My first clue should have been when I asked for ice and the lady said they don't have any. I asked "really?" She answered with a smug grin, yes really... Then I got it. It was because she had a cold cooler behind the counter, and those customers who chose "Free" water she was not going to make that experience a good one because I could have bought a cold one....
Then there was the food...Crunchy gross falafel that I wanted my cousin to try and the beef shawarma with soggy-squishy meat, and store bought pita.... Just a big let down all the way around, and my little cousin will probably never try it again...

• Visited July 2012
“Good food on the run”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2008

Good food on the run

“Barely passable falafel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

Barely passable falafel

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“If you're bored with what you eat on a regular basis, try Falafel House. They offer great Syrian cuisine, and it is...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

If you're bored with what you eat on a regular basis, try Falafel House. They offer great Syrian cuisine, and it is reasonably priced. For about 9 dollars you can get a special, which will stuff you up. I personally like the shawermas, a variation on the falafel; instead of lamb it comes with grilled chicken.