“can;t wait to get back”

Aldo's Harbor Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 376 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Aldo's Harbor Restaurant is a third generation, family run business located in the Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor. Aldo's serves Breakfast and Lunch with Dinner service offered in the Summertime. Aldo's boasts a fabulous outdoor deck which overlooks the Harbor, beach and Monterey Bay.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

It is seldom that I eat at a restaurant and can't wait to get back but this is the place! We were here for a rehearsal dinner which was delightful, and the food shone. The setting overlooking the harbor activity complete with seals gracefully showing off, is very special. We went early to enjoy the sunshine and water and I drank the best mai tai ever. Then smiling from that, I ate fabulous calamari for starters along with a perfect coconut shrimp before the actual meal started. Salad was good; garlic bread was outstanding and my piece of fish was perfect. Everyone seemed to enjoy whatever they had, with raves for the fish tacos and raviolis. Tiramisu for dessert completed the evening. The owner and staff were friendly and helpful. It was all in all a happy experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

It's hard to beat this location, located right on the harbor. You can sit outside on the deck and watch the boats go by while your enjoying your meal. They have a good breakfast special for under seven bucks that includes 2 eggs with bacon or sausage and pancakes or french toast. My only complaint is the service is very slow. I would have given them 4 stars if the service was better.

1  Thank davidsantacruz
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

The services was fantastic! Delicious food and fantastic drinks. Great view from the deck. Definitely recommend the cioppino!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went to Aldo's last night.

Atmosphere is outstanding, service is topnotch, and the beers are cold, fresh, and large.

We started with calamari. It was ok.

My wife and had the fish tacos and the kids had fish and chips. We all agree that the food was good, but not great.

For dessert, we had a brownie sundae and a slice of raspberry cheesecake. Again, not bad, not great.

I would go back for cocktails and apps on the deck, but not much else. Great view, lots to see, very kid friendly, and they allow dogs on the deck.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were traveling along the Pacific Coast and were looking at some of the Diner's, Drive-Inn, and Dives selections where we visited. We were hitting Santa Cruz for a late lunch and this was on our list. You never know what you may end up with, but we were pleasantly suprised by the atmosphere and food. First, the location is absolutely great and the weather allowed us to sit comfortably on the patio. Second, the food was very good. My wife had the coconut shrimp and enjoyed that. I had the grilled fish sandwich and the sauce with fish and their bun was flavorful. The menu prices were a little on the high side but not unreasonable. It was good to have the GPS to help us find the location. It can be a little hard to find if you aren't familiar with the area.