“Great breakfast, real local feel”
Review of Walnut Avenue Cafe

Walnut Avenue Cafe
Ranked #5 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 12, 2008

In town and tired of the beach front scene...then head downtown to this great place for breakfast. On the weekends, you will probably have to wait. But relax and soak in the local scene.

Great food, great prices. Try the french toast with bananas and walnuts, its to die for! A great way to start the day.

Do not miss this place while in Santa Cruz!

Reviewed October 2, 2008

We stopped in here for lunch while passing through town on our way to Carmel. Didn't know anything about the town so no clue as to where would be good to eat. Managed to park up in Walnut Ave and discovered this delightful cafe and decided try for a table although it looked pretty busy. Luckily we were seated immediately so must have timed it right judging by other reviews here.
We were in a hurry really so ordered hamburger and something that we weren't sure what exactly was going to come up. Anyway service was prompt and food when it came was absolutely fabulous the potatoes (fried, I think with lots of onion slightly caramalised) were out of this world - could have eaten a plateful of those alone. We had no room for dessert (shame) and were soon on our way but we thoroughly enjoyed this great little place and will make it a point to re-visit when we are in the area in future. Also found the staff to be helpful and friendly.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Yummy breakfast.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed July 9, 2008

ALSO MY FAVORITE BREAKFAST PLACE!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed April 22, 2008

Ask for Martha! She's the best! Not only do I recomend Martha but I recomend the Turkey, Avacodo, Cheese Scramble. It's my favorite. You can get whites only if you prefer. The potatoes are heaven but if you want something a little lighter ask for fresh fruit or half the amount of potatoes and fresh fruit. I get the Avacodo on the side (but that's just me). Dont forget to get some salsa and sour cream...makes the meal. In regards to Martha...she always knew exactly what I wanted and she was on top of everything. If I didnt move to Seattle I would be there every Sunday like I was before. Waiting for Martha's section is worth the wait. Turkey, Avacodo, Cheese...you're worth the wait as well!

Kristin