“Best downtown brunch”

Ranked #6 of 379 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 11, 2013

The food is amazing, but what really sets this place apart for me is the friendly service. Santa Cruz is the land of grumpy waitresses, but I always get a genuine smile from the staff at the Walnut Avenue Café.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were visiting friends in SC and came to town early so we stopped in at Walnut St. Cafe. The place was full and we waited about 10 minutes for a table. Well worth it. The Benedict I ordered was fantastic and my husband had the patty melt. We told our friends we ate here and they confirmed its one of their favorites too. Coming from locals that says a lot.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just went here this morning for breakfast....all I can say is Delicious!! I had the feta tomato and basil scramble and my boyfriend had the avocado mushroom and cheese scramble, both of which were excellent!! You won't be disappointed if you eat here!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great place to eat!! They have the best garlic fries here!! This place also has a full bar, excellent beer on tap....many many many different types of beer and wines selection. I Like this place alot. and they also have outdoor seating!! :)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I come here at least once a week for breakfast and occasionally for lunch. We've tried many other restaurants in the area over the past ten years and, hands down, this is the winner. The food is excellent. The staff is polite, caring and attentive and always pleasant. We have noticed that it's kid and handicapped friendly. Come early on the weekends if you don't want to wait.

1  Thank SanJoseLuv2trav2