“thta's my momma's place...”
Review of Walnut Avenue Cafe

Walnut Avenue Cafe
Ranked #5 of 373 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“thta's my momma's place...”
Reviewed November 7, 2007

thta's my momma's place best be 5 star establishment!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

• Korean first
Santa Cruz, CA
“breakfast only!”
Reviewed June 25, 2007

While I rate this place excellent for breakfast - and I do mean excellent - find someplace else for lunch. I had a chicken sandwich. The bottom bun was so soaked in grease (or water or something!) that it was virtually inedible. My husband's selection was also less than memorable. That said, there is no better place in Santa Cruz for breakfast.

1 Thank Rosiq
San Diego, CA
“Yummy!”
Reviewed September 3, 2006

They have the best breakfast in Santa Cruz. I've dreamed of the belgian waffle with fruit and yogurt since the last time I had it. This is my family's favorite place to meet in Santa Cruz. They're only open til aroun 3pm and the lines are long on the weekend, but very worth it. The scrambles (egg or tofu) and eggs benedict are some of the best you'll find.

1 Thank Legazpi
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Wonderful Breakfasts!”
Reviewed July 22, 2006

The Walnut Avenue Cafe is a terrific find for breakfast lovers. They do serve lunch, but we only went before noon. The staff is friendly and service oriented. We never had to wait for a table, but we were a couple. I did see some groups have to wait, but only 5 -10 minutes. The place is generally full, but you are not on top of your fellow diners. The atmosphere is wonderful. Each time we went, twice in a week, we enjoyed ourselves, talking to other patrons or just people watching.
The breakfast menu is full of omelets, egg scrambles, waffles, French toast, etc. Make sure to try the fresh baked muffins. We loved the pesto in both the omelets and the scrambles. They both come with the eggs, toast, English muffin, or a muffin, and potatoes, which you can substitute fruit for an extra 75 cents. The lemonade is fresh squeezed and excellent.
The restaurant is easy to find. Just park in the parking deck on Walnut Avenue. Walk towards Pacific Garden Mall. It is the second business on the left, next to 99 bottles of beer on the wall.