“Best Breakfast in the San Lorenzo/Santa Cruz Area”
Review of Walnut Avenue Cafe

Walnut Avenue Cafe
Ranked #5 of 388 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I come here at least once a week for breakfast and occasionally for lunch. We've tried many other restaurants in the area over the past ten years and, hands down, this is the winner. The food is excellent. The staff is polite, caring and attentive and always pleasant. We have noticed that it's kid and handicapped friendly. Come early on the weekends if you don't want to wait.

1  Thank SanJoseLuv2trav2

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We waited 5 minutes for a table on Saturday at 2:00. The only restaurant in the vicinity with a wait--typically a good sign. The service was good, but our patty-melt and veggie burger were average at best. The menu is skewed toward breakfast, which I am guessing is the Walnut Avenue Cafe's speciality.

1  Thank PEB-TX
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Although I had been to this cafe a few years ago, I made a special stop this past weekend as my memory was so positive about this place. Again, I was very pleased with our meal. I was with four college girlfriends. We are in our 60's. The five of us enjoyed every morsel. Our waiter, Darren, was excellent - attentive, courteous, polite, pleasant, positive. Some of us ordered breakfast, some of us ordered lunch. Our tea and water glasses were filled constantly. We had to wait about 15 minutes to get into the diner, as it is so busy. Parking nearby in the lot makes this restaurant very accessible. The menu has many choices - salads, soups, sandwiches, breakfasts, etc. - something for everyone's palate. My breakfast - which was very filling - was $9.95 plus my drink. Very affordable. The restaurant is somewhat noisy, but absolutely delightful. Clean, efficient, and the food is well presented and served piping hot. I'll be back next time I am in Santa Cruz!

1  Thank hutchss
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great breakfast food. Coffee was bold. Breakfast potatoes are amazing. Tomato and shrimp eggs Benedict are a new favorite. Hostess was very nice. Server was a little slow but I've heard that's common for the Santa Cruz scene.

1  Thank Matt H
Reviewed December 2, 2012

In sum, yum! The salads are fresh, tasty and healthful. Breakfast is served ALL DAY! This is a place that lets you have what you want to eat, prepared your way., Order the chai for a special, warming winter treat.

1  Thank mstoes