“Slowest service this side of New Zealand, I hope I didn't catch anything”

Rosie McCann's Irish Pub
Ranked #41 of 369 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Walnut Ave
Transit: Santa Cruz Metro Station.
Portland, Oregon
“Slowest service this side of New Zealand, I hope I didn't catch anything”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

There was one other table occupied when we arrived. We were seated, the kids got pop, then we waited------. and waited, While waiting we watched four people come in, be seated, place their orders and get their bar drinks. It took twenty minutes to place our food and bar order.

I normally tip 20%, I would have gone as high as 5% at this place, but they saved me the trouble of doing any math. They simply tacked on 18%.

I went to the bar to ask for the manager, as I thought they might want to know that my water glass combined both water and the drink served to the previous patron and their automatic tip policy seemed to guarantee abysmal service. After being ignored for several minutes, I went my way, wondering if the previous user of my water glass had any thing communicable.

• Visited June 2012

Rio Vista, California
“Great Place for a dram of Whisky or nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Irish Nacho's are amazing here! This is one of those resturants where you really need to sit and stay a while. Have an appetizer, meal, desert, and then finish it at the bar with a nice selection of Irish Whisky. My favorite place to eat in Santa Cruz

Visited July 2011
Sebastopol, California
“Fun place, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

Upstairs on Pacific Av (the main shopping street) and probably a historic building. Music and dancing on weekends, really really good food (try the pork medallions or the salmon). This is a casual, family place, with lots of kids, college students, and white-hairs. We went back for a second meal.

• Visited March 2012
Riverbank, California
“The service and atmosphere were excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had a wonderful time. Loved the environment. Beer was great. We are very picky eaters except for papa. We experimented with food that we don't usually choose and we might not do that again. But we laughed so much as we had papa try everything. I would go back again and probably do a hamburger or steak. Guess my Irish heritage didn't help.

Visited February 2012
irish
“Only my Shepards Pie is better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

Good menu, great prices and they know how to chill a Jameson just right