“Not Bad but could be more special at the same time!”

Tony and Alba's Pizza and Pasta
Ranked #265 of 377 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The staff are truly nice, that is true. They have decent salads, soup, and pizza not bad either, but somehow there are local alternatives that I often seem to wind up preferring once I am in the area. Spaghetti sauce recipe could use improvement - and I agree - No, it's not exactly cheap for what you are getting - and not the most comfortable seating necessarily if you want a booth or any peace and quiet out of the main aisle. I have had chicken I have enjoyed, all is a la carte as is typical of pizza based menus; I would recommend this location unless you want to Step it Up a Notch and try, say, Amici's (tho it's in San Jose) - it, to me, is a more Modern Take on a pizza place with menu innovations that make me head way out of my way for this type of food. A little updating wouldn't hurt here!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

When entering it gave me the feel of an old time pizza parlor. I was helped right away with very friendly staff. I ordered a pizza and calzone and was received exactly as I ordered. The pizza and calzone were great, with plenty of toppings. I can say that it was a little pricey but well worth it. If ever in town I would visit again.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Picked up a take-out from here one evening - very nice home made pizza's, freshly prepared and nice friendly staff too.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

There are so many places around that serve pizza and Itallian food. One would think that with that competition a restaurant would try harder and the quality would be better. I went with friends, who shared a pizza, I ordered a bowl of minestronie. Their pizza was greasy on rubbery crust, and my soup was a weak watery vegetable soup.

1  Thank Gourmet4u
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We ate here on our recent vacation. The slices of pizza are the best bet. The individual entree's are quite small and priced the same as full dinners. I ordered a full spinach salad and it arrived on a small side salad plate. I cannot imagine what size the side salad would have been!