“Good food for the price”

Vasili's Greek Food & Barbque
Ranked #90 of 373 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: Greek
Los Angeles, California
“Good food for the price”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Great little resturant with good food, great service and good prices. The Gyro was huge, fries were wonderful with greek oregano and spices, and the greek salad was definately filling. The food was fresh and great tasting, dont miss this one.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank 1968Travelbug

“was my favorite in college”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

SUch a great family. THought it was retiring it's dishes. AMAZING food and great coffee to cap off the night. Right at the bast of UCSC.... love it! YUM

Visited July 2011
1 Thank SF-parents
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“food to daydream about”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

ordered the lamb kabob plate and it was amazing... adorable place, and epic food... craving it now from over seas. will definitely go again when back in cali!

• Visited October 2011
San Francisco, California
“Well worth the drive from San Francisco - great Greek food!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I don't think I've been to Santa Cruz in the past twenty years without eating at Vasili's. I've never been disappointed with a meal there...though I do hate having to wait for a table, after driving the sixty miles from home, anticipating, all the while, what I'm going to order and arriving ravenous! Usually, the place is packed!

I love Greek food and have been fortunate to visit Greece several times. Sadly, there aren't many Greek restaurants in the San Francisco area. When I get to Vasili's, I go overboard ordering far more than I can possibly eat! I have to have taramosalata and I want spanakopita. I always order the lamb kebab soublaki plate, as rare as possible, and it is superb. If I'm lucky someone else in my party gets the moussaka or something else for me to try - and we often share a saganaki.

The non-retsina red Greek wine at $18/bottle is a great deal and quite good for the price!

New chef/ownr Julie White who bought Vasili's is doing an outstanding job and I've noticed no difference in quality or taste since she has taken over the business.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank RNSANE
Half Moon Bay, CA
“Great family owned Greek Resturant”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Good home cooking everything Greek! The kids enjoyed the chicken skewers.