“Fun place with great views”

Crow's Nest Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 372 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Morgan Hill, California
“Fun place with great views”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Always a fun place to go ... I'll never say "no" if someone suggests it. I would have given it a 5-star, but parking is problematic at times, and they gouge you when you have a lengthy meal. I ended up paying $12 for parking once when I had a three-hour business lunch. Didn't feel right to me. Just a heads-up about that situation.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank cabearcat

Los Gatos, California
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We dine at the Crows Nest frequently but this was a banquet for 11 people for my mother-in law's 90th birthday. They did a fantastic job. Everything we asked for...quiet location, view, service was superb. Mary Lou the banquet manager was awesome. They truly made us feel like they were honored to have us there for this occasion.

• Visited June 2013
Toronto
“Made changes on the fly.”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We had made a reservation in the main dining room, and arrived twenty minutes early, so the plan was to grab a drink at the bar. Upon arriving we noticed the main restaurant was SO loud, and when I looked at the food flying by, I concluded it was probably OK, but not the main draw. This is an "in" spot, partially because it sits overlooking the Santa Cruz harbour. We sat outside in the bar area, at the last table. We had the most incredible view of the harbour, spotting a seal or two quickly, and we decided to eat our meal there instead of moving upstairs. The menu is simpler, but still varied and beyond standard "pub" fare. We had an awesome time, and enjoyed one another's company instead of yelling across a crowded room. It was the right choice :)

• Visited May 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Bait and Switch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wow I would have game this restaurant a higher rating if I did not feel I was deceived. I came with a friend to have their happy hour and appetizers! We had been out on the beach all day and just wanted a few beers and apps. The advertisement specifically states Mon-Fri 3-6 Happy Hour and Appetizers 1/2 off. Okay! What a deal! We came at 5:45 and we promptly ordered a couple of beers and appetizers! I ordered the Ahi tuna and the clams! They came promptly and were delicious! I have a few more beers and we decided to go! The bill came and I noticed that we were not given the happy hour prices as advertised. When I brought it to the waiter's attention "Oh that's upstairs" deferring to the bar upstairs! So rather than cause a commotion we just paid the bill giving the waiter 10 percent as we usually tip more than 20 percent for good service which he provided. We specifically said we were there for happy hour to the hostess which seated us and was told no problem. Just another case of the old "bait and switch" tactic of get them hooked in and then switch gears. The switch being happy hour upstairs instead of the main restaurant where we were.

I live in Florida and needless to say I won't be back! But I will be back in Santa Cruz and when asked for recommendations for a nice happy hour experience the Crows Nest will be the place to avoid!

• Visited May 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Cant go wrong here!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The view, ambiance, service, food...all excellent! We go here as often as possible. A MUST when visiting Santa Cruz

Visited May 2013