“If you don't like flavor...”
Review of Saturn Cafe

Saturn Cafe
Ranked #12 of 372 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night
Girdwood, Alaska
“If you don't like flavor...”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I wasnt impressed. I had the taquitos and they were really bland. I am not going back. Not with all the great options in Santa Cruz

• Visited March 2013

Reno, Nevada
“Not a vegetarian and I love the place”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have gone here several times and taken friends with me. I love their food and my friends do too! We tend to share everything we buy, as the servings can be pretty large. My favorite thing to get there is a milkshake, any kind! I've always had very interactive waiters and waitresses and they were always willing to answer any questions we had, like how a beer could be vegan. I like the environment. It alwas feels welcoming. It's a plus that it stays open late!

• Visited May 2012
San Francisco
“Funky Cafe with Vegi Food”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

A great cafe, excellent vegi food and open late.
That sums it up in under 50 characters then.
A great cafe, excellent vegi food and open late.

Visited April 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Vegan Haven”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

have anything on the menu and its way weird tasteing.
not our favorite place to go. been in there many many times and the employees there are super super rude!! won't even let you go to the bathroom. they suck. =P

Visited May 2012
Portland, OR
“It used to be funky and quirky. Now it's more like a mediocre '50s diner.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

In a different location on Mission Street 20 years ago, the Saturn was funky place with interesting food, great prices, and board games that encouraged you to linger. Now it is just a joint that looks like a Jetsons version of a '50s diner with food that was just eh.

I ordered the Diablo Burger and was mostly disappointed. It was small, the bun was stale, and it wasn't filling. The fries were OK, and the Chocolate Madness almost made up for the disappointing meal. It was a delicious, gooey, chocolately mess. Mmmm!

The service was OK, not great. I've got to believe there are lots of options for vegetarian and gluten-free meals in Santa Cruz. I'd probably keep looking.

• Visited February 2013