“Locals Love It, I Did Too!”

Zachary's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 388 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

A local resident took me and my 3 teenagers here for breakfast on a Friday AM. Zachary's is in an old early 1900s building in downtown Santa Cruz, away from the touristy Boardwalk. The sour dough pancakes were really good, and I NEVER order pancakes for breakfast, because I need my protein fix. BUT, these were served with 2 eggs, any style, homemade hash browns & bacon. Yummy. My people were very happy with their choices: eggs & toast, and eggs, hash browns & some awesome oatmeal molasses bread. Go there!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I really like this place. It's unpretentious, simple, and a little outdated, but that's what makes this place charming. The food came really quickly, the service was good, the food no-frills but yummy. No fancy drinks here, just coffee, but it was a great meal for the price!

Reviewed May 6, 2014

If you want a casual, fun, little place, this is a great find! Downtown Santa Cruz, great to people watch and relax. Good food and casual atmosphere.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We went there as a family and let me tell you, service was great and the food was better. Everything was so fresh the bread was wonderful. SOOOOO fresh. We will be back when we return.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

What is there not to like about Zachary's. Tip: Get there early on weekends. The table wait list fills up fast. Also, if you've never been here, the list to get a table is IN THE VERY BACK of the restaurant. So, don't walk in and expect a host or hostess to come up to you and ask how many are in your party. When you do go to the back to put your name on the list, the bonus is that this is where the coffee awaits you so that you can enjoy an unlimited flow of joe while you wait.
For food, this place has the best home-made corned beef hash in the county. Try their fresh baked breads. Get the sourdough pancakes. One this is for sure, you will not leave this place hungry. The portions are generous. At times, the staff has been too busy to refill coffee, but I never have a problem of getting up and pouring my own refill.

1  Thank Smudge R