“A Local Favorite” 4 of 5 bubbles

Zachary's Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 368 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“A Local Favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant serves one of the best breakfast! The omelets, Mike's Mess, Miguel's salsa, the coffee cake... are amazing! Zachary's serves both breakfast and lunch, but the breakfast is my favorite. The service is fast, the crowd is made up of local folks and students. On the weekend, get there early, because it does get very busy! Enjoy!!!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Summer W

“Fun breakfast place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Last time I went I got mikes mess & it was enjoyable.
Very upbeat and lively staff.
Huge portions - so you'll get it to go- and then a homeless person will follow you and harass you for it until you give them your food. 90% of the time. Maybe if one would have asked instead of told me to I wouldn't have cared.
It's not the restaurants fault that pacific ave is going down the crapper - other than location I loved it.

Merced, California
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This was our second time for breakfast. We enjoyed our first breakfast so much we had to come back. Prices are average and the food is plentiful and homemade.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic local hang-out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

My wife found out about this place in a tour guide and it was a great place for a huge inexpensive breakfast. It's clearly a place for regulars and I can see why they come back. My only disappointment was that there was no wifi. If there was wifi this would be a 5 star location for me and I would've stayed a lot longer (and probably spent more money). That being said, the owners may be quite happy letting the tourists go to Starbucks (or wherever) to sit on their iPads!

Great place, I already want to go back for their crispy bacon and fluffy pancakes.

Langenhagen, Germany
“Oh the college days...yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have been going here for years for the Mike's Mess after a slugish morning following a late night. This was the cure all. Great coffee and filling food! Busy, alive, funky and oh so delicious. The food is savory and homemade, with fresh ingredients and consistently good. Zachary's is an institution in it's own right! I now eat there whenever I'm in the area traveling for work or pleasure. Never disappoints!

• Visited February 2012