Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection
Mission Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$169
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$180
ComfortInn
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$117
QualityInn
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $130/night.

Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$189
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$359
  • Pool
$329
$319
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$236
$210
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$188
$178
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

Ocean Echo Inn & Beach Cottages(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
$249
$239
Priceline
All reviewspool areafree shuttlefire pithot tubshuttle servicebarn doorholiday inncool hotelwalking distance to downtownhomeless peoplenice poolparking lotocean streetup to daterooms are smallking bedmini fridge
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This hotel has had a nature makeover. There is a giant tree on its side as the front desk and there are photographs of nature throughout. I think it could just do with a few more details and it is somewhat overpiced. The concept and design details fell short for me.The swimming pool area is lovely. the jacuzzi was very large but why have cabbanas with rope across them. I did not see anyone use them whilst I was there-ditch them its not Miami. The restaurant menu is limited and there are so many good ones around. (Just walk through the park, over the bridge to Paradise Ave)The breakfast menu has individually priced items so can work out expensive and there is no childrens menu for breakfast which is strange when most people staying here are children. .
The room was too small for a family of four. When we put our cases out there was little floorspace to walk. There is a coffee machine in the room.
My main issue was with the shuttle. when we were arrived we were told the complementary shuttle would take us to downtown or the beach if we wanted it to. as we had just arrived we thought this would be a good idea but then the man who drives it was also taking in the guests luggage so having waited for 10 minutes we decided to walk. we were told if we call someone will come and get us within 30 minutes so we called just after 6pm and were told someone would pick us up at 6.30 however by 6.55 no-one had arrived. we were cold and tired and had to walk all the way back along the beachfront. no taxis were in sight and we had to go into a motel to ask them to call one for us. When I got back to the hotel I was livid and the children observed my Amy Duncan impression. Apparently, the shuttle driver was late and they were going to call me but my phone had an international dial tone so they did not leave a message. the manager refused to refund the $10 taxi fare. I was very disappointed by his reaction. The staff around the pool area were very attentive. There were about 4 servers who came to our table at breakfast and the food arrived twice. it seemed very disconnected.

Room Tip: There are 5 floors. ask for the 5th floor and a room with a view of the pool and/or gardens behind.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
JBaylor-GM, General Manager at Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Your candid review is very much appreciated! Thank you for you many kind comments. I'm very sorry for the challenges you encountered with the complimentary shuttle service schedule. Your honest feedback is very helpful as we evaluate our services, as it allows us to make relevant adjustments. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide such a thorough review. I do hope we will see you again for a future visit.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Internet-pictures suggest a promise the real deal does not keep. Ocean Street is awful, the kind of nomansland you get when driving off a highway, and the hotel is just like that - noisy nomansland. The rooms are okay but you cannot open a window and you hear every sneeze of your next-door neighbour. Staff was friendly when needed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ella567
JBaylor-GM, General Manager at Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding our friendly staff. I'm so sorry that the hotel location on Ocean Street was not as you had envisioned, and very disappointed that your stay was impacted by noise. Please accept my apology for this. We do understand that you have a variety of choices when visiting Santa Cruz, and we do strive to provide a unique experience, something different from the hotel area hotels. I regret that we did not provide what you were looking for. Your feedback will help us in our effort to ensure we are clearly communicating the experience we strive to offer.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We were treated very well by the front desk at check in. They provided a free shuttle to the boardwalk and close locations which has really great. The shuttle driver Alex was very kind and knowledgable.

The room was clean and decorated in a modern way that was very relaxing. And the bed was very comfortable.

The problem I personally had with the hotel was the pool. Don't get me wrong, it is gorgeous. The music was chill and it had an awesome setup. But, at our afternoon arrival it was over run by kids. Of course, it's August and it is to be expected at any hotel pool, so my husband and I decided to return later after 9pm when we assumed most of the kids would have cleared out and we can enjoy a romantic adult couple evening. We were wrong.

The pool still had lots of children running around, but we still thought at least the large hot tub would be kid free. Nope. We honestly counted at least 10 children in the hot tub. And to top it off, there was an entire family enjoying their dinner of burgers & fries, while still standing in the hot tub. We could barely sit and relax without getting splashed by the kids so we had to leave.

Sigh. I really wanted to love this hotel, but unless I was bringing kids or NOT planning to enjoy the pool, I will not be returning again. I discovered they sell day and season passes for the pool. Good idea, but I really think they need to decide if they are going for an adult or family atmosphere.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

We are so glad that you stayed with us and happy to hear that overall you enjoyed the service and décor of the hotel. Please accept my apology that the ambiance at the pool was impacted from other guests and their children. I'm very sorry that this had a negative affect on your ability to enjoy this experience. Your feedback is critical as we evaluate our services. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back again to enjoy an experience more typical of Hotel Paradox.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay at the Paradox. Easy check-in. Clean room even in the hard to get spots. We didn't get a chance to use the pool or pool service area but the area looked clean. We even happened to run into a staff member in the elevator and they asked if everything was going well and if we needed anything!! Above and beyond!! This is what makes a stay all the better!!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank momtravel4
JBaylor-GM, General Manager at Hotel Paradox, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your experience! We're so happy to know you enjoyed your visit - please visit again soon!