“small place, great food!”
Review of YOLO - CLOSED

YOLO
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: At Focaccia Italian cuisine meets fresh California produce. All our food is made from scratch using the finest ingredients, including fresh local & organic produce. Daily specials showcase seasonal fare. We also feature local & organic wine & beer!
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is a small restaurant on Water St. with great service and an eclectic menu. We have been there several times and have enjoyed not only their specials but have ordered great food off the regular menu. As a special, I really enjoyed their lobster raviolis, which was a special on a recent visit. The pork sliders/tacos are great too...off the regular menu.

Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Great food and service, just the ticket after whale watching, the board walk and the beach. Particularly good music and a polite and helpful waiter.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

While YOLO has been open awhile, tonight was my friend Marla's and my first visit. The atmosphere is welcoming. Our server was charming, informative and helpful; she did not hover and she was NOT pretentious (too many are). After a prolonged "I want that - no, I want" ... I ordered the turkey burger, potato twist (homemade chips) and an arugula salad. On 1st bite I thought the burger was good. By the 4th bite I was telling my friend it was fantastic: the turkey patty was thick and tasty, a toasted bun, a nice slice of red onion. She had fish tacos and sweet potato fries. We both had wine. Marla ordered potato twist and a dessert for take-out. The prices are very reasonalbe. Tucked away on Water St (across from DIG Gardens) you could drive right by: YOLO deserves for you to park your car, go in and have a pleasant meal!. We are going back (soon); per my description of my meal, my husband says he's ready to go there too.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Last night was our second visit to "Yolo on Water". We like Yolo for a myriad of reasons. The Chef and staff are very nice, down to earth folks who love what they do. Their food is very fresh and locally sourced. They don't serve huge portions and they don't charge too much for their food either. Their dishes are full of flavor and eye pleasing. They have Vegan options for me.

Their deserts are fantastic and their Bread pudding is one dish that IS HUGE and fabulous (my husband tells me!)

We will continue to return so my husband can try all their menu items. :)

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Great service. Great food, what else can someone ask for. Very cool atmosphere in the out skirts of Santa Cruz. The waiter was helpful with menu selections. Clean and well kept with great photography displayed
Alison