“Such a blast!!!”

Segway Santa Cruz Tours
Ranked #8 of 35 Tours in Santa Cruz
More attraction details
Owner description: Whether you are a native to the area or just visiting, Segway Tours offers a one-of-a-kind experience you'll want to share with family & friends. Enjoy gliding on a Segway along Westcliffs beautiful spectacular ocean seascapes. visit the historical Lighthouse & Surf Museum & gliding to Natural Bridges. Listen to barking, sun basking, seals serenades from Seal Rock. Glide down the Municipal Wharf like a celebrity as visitors watch with interest and take photographs as we pass by.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Such a blast!!! My husband Dave and I went with another couple and it was my first time riding a Segway. Tami and Jim took excellent care to thoroughly teach us the basics to ensure our safety. I felt comfortable riding the Segway within moments. Gliding along on a Segway is so much fun and it is very intuitive and responsive! Tami led us on a tour of Santa Cruz coastline pointing out points of interest, birds, and animals. It was a gorgeous day, yet I would have enjoyed this Segway tour experience regardless of the weather. Tami has a great personality and her enthusiasm is infectious! I will definitely return to do another tour and highly recommend this company!

Tami B, Owner at Segway Santa Cruz Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Jules, thanks so much for the great review. This is just what we like to read.

There are newer reviews for Segway Santa Cruz Tours

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had been on segway tours before but this one had the best scenery. Training was thorough and the tour guides were fun and interesting. Great way to see Santa Cruz, the surfers, picnics, the coastal houses, the ocean, seals and we even got to see a whale! A great time, we did it for a birthday present for a friend and all loved it. A great day in Santa Cruz and a perfect tour by our guide. They had gloves and sweatshirts for those who needed it, each segway had water and they got you to some beautiful spots. They stopped you enough that you never felt tired of being on it!! Great tour would recommend to anyone. Segways are easy to ride and as long as you listen to the instructions you will be a pro in no time. We are hooked and found this to be a great way to see Santa Cruz!

Tami B, Owner at Segway Santa Cruz Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

So great to hear Nora. It is always fun with a group of friends. We are very pleased to read your review and how much you enjoyed our Segway experience. Thank you. We appreciate it!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We signed up for a segway tour along the ocean months before we went so we had no idea what the weather would be like. It was sunny but once you got out to the ocean the fog rolled in and the wind picked up.

Segway Santa Cruz had told us to dress in layers and their Segways had a pack on them for us to put extra clothes. When we hit the beach the clothes went on but it was still cold. These guys had gloves in their packs for us as most people would not have thought to bring them. That made all the difference between a wonderful time and a miserable time.

These guys go the extra mile for you. After a tutorial and some trial runs around a park they took us out on our adventure. They took pictures of us so we didn't have to. We stopped to watch the whales and the otters. We stopped at Natural Bridges to check things out and we stopped at the wharf to watch the seals. All in all a great way to start the weekend.

Thanks so much. We aim to please. It helps to be prepared. We know that the ocean is beautiful and unpredictable. It is easy to enjoy a Segway glide so long as you are warm.

We are pleased to hear you all enjoyed your Segway experience with us, and that we kicked off a great weekend in Santa Cruz.

We hope to glide with you again when you are in Santa Cruz!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The folks who run this business do an excellent job training you to ride the Segway before you ever take it on the road. Not exactly the least expensive thing to do in Santa Cruz but it's an experience like no other. I've walked, biked, run, and driven down West Cliff Drive many, many times but the Segway tour puts a whole new perspective on the trip. I had loads of fun on a warm, sunny early spring day, though I confess I failed to heed instructions on dismounting one time along the beach and almost spun my Segway into a crowd of people. Listen carefully to the instructions and practice diligently so you don't end up crashing into the street. We did have one of our tour members crash her Segway on a street corner where we were warned to be careful; she wasn't badly hurt and picked herself up to finish the ride. Good advice from my perspective; don't forget to tip the tour guides. I was the only one who tipped from my group of 10 and that's just not right. Bring water in case they forget to give you water at the beginning of the ride. A couple of hours in the sun will make you mighty thirsty. Great fun tour!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

What a fun way to see Santa Cruz! We booked a 2 1/2 hr. tour through their website and got a great deal, half off!!!! Tami was a fun and informative tour guide. It was beautiful day in SC and crowded with lots of tourists, she got us through all of the crowds with no major mishaps!
I had done this before in Budapest and found it a great way to see a new city!