“Shops and eateries”
Review of Santa Cruz Wharf

Santa Cruz Wharf
Ranked #4 of 85 things to do in Santa Cruz
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Go to Monterey wharf before here. Overpriced food with a view and run down wharf. The sea lions were cool, but have no desire to come back. Save your money and go elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Santa Cruz Wharf

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We enjoyed the view out the window of the sailboats and surfer as we ate at "Woodie Cafe".
Do not park on the wharf it is expensive.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We arrived in Santa Cruz at 4pm the haze over the pier was crazy and visability was exteremely bad. We took a walk to the end of the pier and went many people fishing and thousands of sea gulls. We did observe some sealions and could definately hear more than we could see. We took some pictures of posing sealions and star fish but there wasn't much else to see. There were a few seaside gift shops and sea food restaurants. When we woke up the next day the air was clear and the views out over the sea were great. The beach seemed busy however we didnt visit it.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The posing sealions alone make this worthwhile. I'm into my water sports, although I didn't make it in this trip, there is a lot of choice to get out there.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

There is not much to say about the Wharf and the Boardwalk, except DO NOT MISS this if you are in the area. The beach is nice, the amusement looked fun, but we didn't time to do any of that, but the Roller Coaster sure looked inviting. There are places to eat, shopes to browse in and maybe find something to buy, the pier is terrific and one can walk out on it or drive. My husband walked to the end the night we were in the area and then the next morning we drove out to the end and looked in some of the shops. I really wanted a sweat shirt with Santa Cruz on it, but I could not see departing with $30.00 or more for one. And, there are more beach volley balls courts than I could count. It appeared to be a weekend hang out area for all age groups and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, even the police who was walking the Boardwalk. Be sure not to miss this area of town! We loved it!