“Fantastic stay--will come again!”

Ramada Limited Santa Cruz
Ranked #45 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 16, 2010

First off the room was huge and real benefit when traveling with a child and staying multiple days--which we did. The staff was there for us--giving directions, tips for dining etc. Again, the room was spacious and had a refrigerator and micro-wave as well as direct television. A continental breakfast was included as well as a daily newspaper. Basically, we are already planning a return trip to Santa Cruz and wouldn't consider staying anywyhere else. The location was walking distance to the Pacific Avenue Mall and a quick and easy drive to the beach/boardwalk.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2010

The people who own this hotel have no soul! They have BED BUGS and don't give a darn if they proliferate around the globe from their crummy hotel so long as they make money. I stayed in 110, 102, and 103. I am a teacher who is relocating and am horrified at this hotel and its owners. I want to warn everyone! The pain, fear, frustration, and embarrassment this put me and my family through, not to mention the high cost, is not excusable! My car, new luggage, new leather computer bags, new laptop, new leather bag, and clothing were infested. I took photos of them in two rooms and my bites still show after several weeks! It has been painful in many ways! Don't be a victim! They are still renting and the health department says there aren't any laws to go after them. I have complained to Ramada corporate, but the owners still deny it! My photos and scars and exorbitant cleaning bills tell the real story. Save yourselves - don't stay here!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed October 25, 2010

When checking in at the Ramada, I inquired about the rate which was $130.00 a night. When I asked why it was so high, the clerk informed me that the rate doubles on the week end. The room was on the second floor at the end. Very dark with a stack of discarded furniture near the door. Room was tired, dingy and worn. Tile was coming up from the bathroom floor.
The rate at this dump of a place should have been around $29.00 a night. What a rip off. I will never stay at a Ramada again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rippedoff088
Reviewed September 26, 2010

This motel should not be considered, no matter how desperate you are. It was the only motel left in Santa Cruz with vacancies when I set up a last minute trip. When we got there, we were shown a room, said to be non-smoking, but reaking of tobacco smoke. We asked for another, and were shown the room next door. The carpet was so dirty you would hesitate to walk bare-footed on it. The room smelled awful. The lights didnt work. The door wouldnt open--the hardware was installed upside down. I have stayed in many extremely modest accommodations over my life without complaining, but with this one I literally could not remain in the room. Just before leaving on the trip, after making the reservations, I had looked at TripAdvisor and saw several very negative reviews, about Bedbugs. I thought, it is a Ramada, it cant be that bad. But it is. (I didnt stay long enough to see if the room had bedbugs.)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank onthrodagn
Reviewed September 16, 2010

On July 31, we stayed in room 107. When we woke up at 7:15 am, we happened to catch 4 bed bugs in our beds and watched 2 others escape. We gave the 4 in a cup to the front desk, who swore they didn’t know they had bed bugs (although I've seen several bed bug reports for this hotel from before our stay - so that confirms they were lying). They quickly offered to return half of our $230 paid for the one night stay.

We ended up with almost 100 bites on the 4 of us. My 6 year old had the worst bite marks with 36 welts on his face, arms and legs. - Several of which have still not healed fully, months later.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank YasumiNasai
Reviewed September 15, 2010

Need I say more? I found a bug the night we checked in - it was late and I wasn't sure if thats what it was, I bagged it and saved it. We checked the beds out to see if there were any others, didn't notice them right off! Made me nervous though. Now that I've checked the bagged bug upon arriving home, I am sure it is a bed bug. Ugh!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank dsnotary
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We were checked in by a remarkably rude woman who tried to charge us more than the quote we were given moments before over the phone. We went to the room, pulled down the covers and were horrified to find bed bugs. We stayed all of 5 minutes. True to form, the desk clerk was rude on the way out, without even an apology. We contacted the health department and Ramada Corporate.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family