“It Was Filthy” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #20 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Modesto
“It Was Filthy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2007

They said they were AAA approved--not true. She even took my AAA card and said my discount had been applied. We went to our room put our bags in the room and went to dinner.
When we returned ( about 8:30pm) to our room I noticed a few ants on the table. Then a few more. There were ants on the bed too. I noticed how FILTHY our room was. I went to the office to ask for another room and she said they were full. I could have some clean sheets assuming I would change my own!!
I asked her if she had any bug spray and it was right there behind the counter!! I paid $165.00 for the night.

Stayed August 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Broadway, VA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2007

The Beachview is okay for one night. It's not especially nice in any way, but it does have a bed and a bathroom and a carpet that many years ago was probably clean and new. On the plus side, it is within walking distance of the wharf, the amusement park, the ocean (for those tough enough to brave 59 degree water), and west cliff drive, which you really should walk along. As far as I'm concerned, Santa Cruz itself is a one night stay, so I guess this hotel works out fine. It's relatively cheap. To get anything nicer I'm sure you would have to spend at least twice as much. And they let you have coffee and a pastry in the morning.

• Liked — It had a bed
  • Disliked — It just seemed old and very used
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2007

Arrived in the evening and were initially a bit unsure about the area, but after a walk along the Wharf we arrived back to realise how convenient (but quiet) the location was and our concerns were dispelled.

The following morning we arranged a later check out time (no problem) and walked into Downtown (about 15 minutes away) , on returning we asked if we could leave our car in the car park while we visited the Boardwalk (just over 5 minutes walk), that was no problem either.

The room (214) was a decent size (in fact there was a lot more space in the bathroom area than in places we'd paid a lot more for, and the toiletries were better quality than expected) it was very clean and perfectly comfortable - especially bearing in mind the price - around $60.

• Liked — Value for money!!
  • Disliked — those pillows!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ThatNameIsTaken
Washington D.C
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2007

Stayed with my girlfriend at the end of April 2007. It is great for location, walking distance to Pacific Ave and the boardwalk and pier. If just looking for somewhere close to activities, it serves its purpose. There were no other amenities that would make me choose this inn. But we had absolutely no problems. It is very cheap as well. The only complaint I would have is that the pillows are the size of the end of a Q-tip. If I were coming to Santa Cruz again, I might look for another place to stay, but had no problem with our stay here.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Bed/pillows
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2007

We stayed at the Beachview Inn on a midweek night in April 2007 and paid $66 (£34) for a room with a sea view and were perfectly happy. It’s clean, reasonably sized, in a good location with friendly and polite staff. We stayed in other much more expensive and dirty hotels/motels on the Californian coast. All in all, for the price, I’d recommend staying here (and I'm a fussy person - so my other half would tell you!).

• Liked — Good value, clean & comfortable
  • Disliked — no earl grey tea!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harriet W
San Jose, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2007

A clean, simple two-story motel about 2-minutes (walk) from the beach. Though certainly not beachfront, for $70 per night, the room did technically provide a "slice" of ocean view in the
distance in between the neighboring buildings. The motel itself was staggered upon a hill within a small, paved enclosure, containing about 18 parking spaces. Being on a hill, the rooms with the higher numbers had the better views (Room 215 having the best), with each consecutively lower number having a slightly less favorable view (I would guess several rooms have little to no view). Ask for the 2nd floor prior to arrival as I did. Upon arrival, I was given Room 208. Since there appeared to be plenty of other vacancies (this being a cold snap in mid-January), I asked if I could switch to either Rooms 214 or 215 and was told "yes" without any problems. I was given the key for Room 214. The room itself was basic, small, about 12' x 10' plus a bathroom and vanity, with some minor accents such as seashore motiff wall hanging, decorated bedspread and ceiling border. A definite plus was the microwave oven sitting atop a small refrigerator. Although the LCD display on the microwave did not work, the oven itself worked fine by pressing the buttons "blindly." The TV was small and the remoted control was incorrectly programmed (skipping over some channels and mislabeling others), but all the main cable channels were available plus HBO.

• Liked — Close to beach, microwave, refrigerator
  • Tips/Secrets — higher number rooms on 2nd floor have better views (215 is the best)
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
4 Thank toddalex4
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2006

we stayed at the beachview inn motel in santa cruz for one night when passing through the town. it was in a great location, right near the beach and boardwalk, and close enough to walk into town for food in the evening. the owners were friendly and the room was clean, with a queen bed and bathroom for $70. There was little character to the hotel, but plenty of free parking off the street, and breakfast provided in the morning. For two students staying for a very short time it was perfect, but i wouldnt want to stay there if i was looking for somewhere special, or for a long stay. Ask for a room on the upper level.

Stayed June 2006