CONS: By looking at previous reviews and trying to save a buck I thought to myself "It can't be that bad. Can it? " We arrived to a dangerously steep (hill) parking lot which made unloading a pain. As we entered we were greeted with nasty linens and barely enough leg space between the bed and bathroom to safely walk through to the restroom.
Upon entering the restroom for use you could see the tub was covered in pubes, but the most unnerving aspect of the tub was that it had a tendency to back up because it would not drain.
As many reviews have said, there is no wifi or A/C which wouldn't have been a problem because 2 fans are provided per room, unfortunately you could not discreetly open the window or close any curtains or blinds due to the fact that there were no real curtains. The curtains provided with the rooms are purely cosmetic. Absolutely 0 privacy; you can easily be seen. Last but not least there was only 2 total sockets to plug in any devices, one was located in the restroom and the other was only accessible by unplugging the cable box.
PROS: 1 block away from the Boardwalk, 3 blocks from the Wharf. Great Parking. Good television selection. Continental breakfast was ok (they actually had bear claws)
Conclusion: Don't be cheap, spend the extra $20-$30 on a decent hotel that is good for your health.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fireside Inn is located less than a 5-minute walk from the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and Coconut Grove. Under new management January of 2014, the Fireside Inn has been completely renovated to give the guest the best experience in the area. Other attractions within 5 miles are Lighthouse Field State Beach, University of California Santa Cruz, and the DeLaveaga Golf Course. Downtown Santa Cruz is a 10 minute walk, with dining, museums and shopping surrounding the Fireside Inn.The Fireside Inn Santa Cruz features free Wi-Fi. Free parking is included. All guest rooms are comfortably furnished with standard amenities including free high speed internet access, microwave, mini fridge, hair dryer, free local calls, alarm clock radio, and cable TV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fireside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Inn By The Beach Hotel Santa Cruz
- Paradise Hotel Santa Cruz
- Paradise Motel Santa Cruz