“Wonderful Family Experiance”

Ranked #28 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
burlington Wa
“Wonderful Family Experiance”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

This motel was a wonderful and family friendly place to stay. The staff was super efficient, and friendly. The rooms were family friendly we stayed in a room with a kitchen and a patio that was geat for our family and kids who are younger. We have a Saint Bernard and he was able to stay with us very pet friendly. The view is unbeatable the closenes to the warf, beach and boardwalk can not be any better. Staying at the Edgewater was wonderful and we will deffinately stay there again it is an unbeatable place to stay if you want to experiance the full feel of the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk experiance and have a good time with your family.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Fresno
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Well, travelling on Valentines Day turned out to be cold and rainy, but how happy we were to find this cozy little place right next to the beach. We rented #118, the "Captain's Suite", which is the largest, fanciest, and most expensive room there, and were absolutely impressed. This was by far the cleanest place we have stayed in probably the last five years. The kitchen was modern, and fully equipped with dishes and flatware and even coffee filters! The hosts apparently took efforts to think of everything. The room was beautiful inside; the motel was beautiful outside, even though it was winter. Between rainstorms, we ventured out to walk down the wharf and watch the waves and have lunch. The rest of the time we stayed indoors pretty much, next to the fireplace, and watched the rain. This place has a jacuzzi tube. We wanna see this place in the summer, and will be going back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Huzzah69
los angeles
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Me and my housband just returned from a Northern California Trip where we spent time in Napa, Santa Cruz, Carmel... The whole trip was great, but the time spent in the Edgewater Beach Motel was something special.
They have lots of different sized units, with kitchens, for big families, kids (washer-dryers), for romantic gethaways...whatever one needs. They are all very clean, bright and all have new and beautyful kitchens and baths.
We chose and stayed in a romantic little unit with a jacuzzi, fireplace and a bright huge window and pathio with a view on the ocean and beach. (By the way, it's only about 2 minutes from the beach, as well as from the boardwalk and from the center.)
It was kind of stormy, windy, so we could hear the waves, the ocean. It was the perfect rest and relax time.
I would recommend it to everybody headed to santa cruz!!!

• Liked — design, cleaniness, view
  • Disliked — ?
  • Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Bruno, California
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I stayed at the Edgewater in July 2009. The rates were expensive, but it was a last-minute trip and they allowed dogs. The pool was not heated and the furnishings were old. I was okay with that because I was happy they allowed dogs. I thoroughly cleaned all dishes/cooking utensils and even took out my garbage. I requested a walk-through and was told it was not necessary. Then I find that I've been charged an extra fee for "pet stains". My dog is a litter box-trained Pug. She doesn't urinate indoors outside of her litter box. There were stains in that room when we checked in. I even requested a walk-through when we left and was told it wasn't necessary. They are now claiming that they had the carpet cleaned the day before. That may be true, but there were stains on that rug when I rented it. Now they are charging me an extra $367.39. Watch out for these guys.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rubyprivate
edgewaterbeach, manager at Edgewater Beach Motel, responded to this review, April 8, 2010
This person came with a pet. The carpet in the room had been freshly cleaned the day before thier arrival. upon check out there was 13 pet urine spots. Every guest that checks in with a pet is required to read and sign the pet rules for our motel. it state that if your pet damages the room, ie pees on the carpet, you will have to pay for such damages. the carpet had to be re-cleaned, and we even lost the rent on the room the next night. She was charged for these damages that her pet caused. We have 8x10 photos of the damages.
Walnut Creek
Reviewed July 28, 2009

Plus-The location was great. Right across from warf/boardwalk. The kitchen was a good size. We had a patio view of ocean. The staff was quick in getting us extra towels and soap. They have a washing machine on-site so you can do laundy. Minus--no a/c. Windows were hard to open. Pool was cold but many kids were swimming. The room next to us kept using their jacuzzi tub and the jets were loud. Overall it was nice and I would go again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
clovis for now
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I came to Santa Cruz with no expectations, no set plans (except hang out on the beach with a good book) and no planned course as to where I was going to be sleeping either. I went to a few overpriced, snotty hotels down town and was completely relieved when I came to the Edgewater Beach Motel. I was about done looking for somewhere to spend the night and sick of snotty receptionists. Then I walked in the office and my mood completely changed. I felt very comfortable where I was and was happy to meet such nice people who really made me feel like they cared. Plus a bonus, I got to have my dog in the room with me!!! Nothing accept a comacazee and a good book could make this any better. I strongly reccomend this motel to anyone who wants to be right next to the beach, the boardwalk, and the wharf. It's all there. And I have to disagree with another review written, this is not a strip motel, it's classy and exciting. The rooms are like mini apartments and very comfortable. The view is just as amazing. (especially at night!)

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank crosscountrygal137
Watsonville,ca
Reviewed May 20, 2009

Relaxing is what this garden motel is about..Spacious suites with a full kitchen saved us alot of money with gradchildren. The pool was great with BBQ and picnic area with ocean views. the staff was helpful and nice, greeting us each morning.LOcation can't be beat. Two minute walk to the wharf or boardwalk. We will be going back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family