There are pros and cons to this Motel but the pros won handily for us. I would suggest the big suite, room 118, called the Captains Cabin, especially for families. The other rooms appear nicer from the pictures and that may be as the Captains Cabin clearly hasn't been remodeled in some time. What it does have though is space, a full kitchen, a private deck with a small yard overlooking the pier and ocean. The deck and yard are very nicely done and the view great. You can sit out on the deck with a drink, a book, a bbq, or coffee in the morning and it's fantastic. Another plus is it's a short unobstructed walk down hill to the pier and restaurants so makes for a nice stroll to dinner in the evening. Same with breakfast in the morning. The full kitchen and the bbq on the deck would be great for longer stays. You'd need to bring your own bbq but I definately will the next time. Parking is easy and the staff friendly. It's right next to the Dream Inn more or less. I'd say 100 yards to the pier and then 100 yards to the Dream Inn on one side and 100 yards to the Boardwalk on the other side. Keep in mind this is a Motel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardalk 1 block east and across from main beach & wharf. 17 unique non-smoking units. Spacious family suites with fully equipped kitchens, separate bedroom, and 2 T.V.'s. Enjoy our delightful climate while relaxing by our pool. Picnic area with gas BBQ's and great view. Short walk to downtown and west cliff drive. Some rooms with fireplaces, Jacuzzi tubs, and oceanviews. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Edgewater Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Beach Hotel Santa Cruz
- Edgewater Beach Santa Cruz