“Great Location”

Ranked #28 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
California
“Great Location”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

There are pros and cons to this Motel but the pros won handily for us. I would suggest the big suite, room 118, called the Captains Cabin, especially for families. The other rooms appear nicer from the pictures and that may be as the Captains Cabin clearly hasn't been remodeled in some time. What it does have though is space, a full kitchen, a private deck with a small yard overlooking the pier and ocean. The deck and yard are very nicely done and the view great. You can sit out on the deck with a drink, a book, a bbq, or coffee in the morning and it's fantastic. Another plus is it's a short unobstructed walk down hill to the pier and restaurants so makes for a nice stroll to dinner in the evening. Same with breakfast in the morning. The full kitchen and the bbq on the deck would be great for longer stays. You'd need to bring your own bbq but I definately will the next time. Parking is easy and the staff friendly. It's right next to the Dream Inn more or less. I'd say 100 yards to the pier and then 100 yards to the Dream Inn on one side and 100 yards to the Boardwalk on the other side. Keep in mind this is a Motel.

Room Tip: Captains Cabin, Room 118
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Europe-07-09-11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were greeted with a wonderful staff that was very helpful, anyone who says differently can find a bigger and much more expensive hotel that won't be as close as we were to the beach...the location we found fabulous and a delight. Everything you need is here. We had a full kitchen in complete working order and the beds were amazingly comfortable..the staff is fabulous and so kind,,if we needed extra towels we got them and anything else..don't hesitate to book a room here, the rooms go quick and now I know why..we had a group that was anywhere from 21 to 49 yrs of age and it was impressive to all..thank you to the staff, keep smiling like you did and we greatly appreciated the visit..bty, they called me the next day to let me know I left a few things behind like pillows..nice of them don't you think! We'll be seeing them soon!

Room Tip: We had a a fabulous room that allowed 6+ , it was great!! No question to that,,plenty of room. And v...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Angel S
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed at the Edgewater Beach Motel for the first time this past weekend and have to say that I am very impressed and pleased with my stay. Even though they have a 2 night stay-minimum, they were able to accommodate me at the last minute and set me up with a beautiful room that definitely scored me some points with my girlfriend. Located right next to the boardwalk we were a short walk from everything there is to do in Santa Cruz. I will definitely be coming back soon!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brett B
Marshfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had one of our best vacations here. The hotel is lovely and has a warm and friendly feeling. The rooms are so spacious and very clean. Best of all, the managers were so helpful and very professional. They answered all of our endless questions about local tours and events and gave us directions to the best sites in the area. The pier and boardwalk are only steps away and we had so much fun watching the sea lions on the pier. We walked the beautiful beach and boardwalk and had so much fun riding the roller coaster and lots of other rides. There were lots of great restaurants in the area too. We are already planning to return to the Edgewater next year as it truly exceeded our expectations.

Stayed February 2014
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The rooms were alot nicer than a typical motel. It was very spacious and clean and the beds were amazing! The motel itself offers great views and is in a great location. There is so much to do around the area - we barely had time to do everything!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Emily K
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The rooms in this motel are fantastic. They're not just regular motel rooms. Our room was like a condo complete with a separate bedroom, a fully equipped kitchen, dining table and outside patio. I was there a whole week and having that extra space was wonderful. The location is superb. It's right at the end of the Wharf and overlooks the Bay. Would definitely go there again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Linda S
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I spent a week at Edgewater Beach Motel in the beginning of 2014 and wow!!!! The rooms are incredible, beautiful, and quite spectacular! We didn't have any issues, the managers were kind, friendly, and caring. The really spent time talking to us about where the best places to go and visit and they offered advice that really made the trip wonderful! The location is perfect, you have an amazing view and you are walking distance to over 20+ restaurants. The municipal wharf was pretty neat because we could go and see the sea lions each day which my girlfriend loved! I am a photographer/videographer so during the trip I was filming some stock footage right down the street from the Motel and wow did I get some incredible photos!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family