“Love the Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Picnic Basket

The Picnic Basket
Ranked #8 of 369 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Littleton, Colorado
“Love the Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Great little place to pick up food to take away, (or eat in and enjoy the music from the restaurant bar across the street). The house salad with interesting greens and seeds is sooooo good - I can't explain exactly why because it is so simple, but I couldn't stop eating it. The ham sandwich was huge and also tasty. All of the menu items have descriptions of the source for the ingredients, which all seem to be local. If I'd been in town longer, I would have gone back for another salad.

Campbell, California
“Perfect little spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed at the Beach Street Inn and Suites and so we popped in one morning, and it was super nice! The girl behind the counter was super nice and the food was delicious! My little girl had a hot chocolate with whipped cream, and I had one of the best Chai teas ever! It was the right amount of spice! We also had a lovely ham and cheese turnover which was also delicious!

Los Angeles, California
“Great Food, Great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Found this place when we stayed in Santa Cruz, and wish I had one here in LA
Love how they put the twist on a rueben sandwich, salami sandwich.

I have read about the greens, nettle, and would ya know this place served nettle soup. Very tasty

• Visited April 2013
“Had an,awesome breaky and coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I was very impressed with breakfast wrap and sandwiches. Awesome food,
Apparently, trip advisor says I need a 100 words for a review but I don't k ow hat else to say, It was delish.

Glenwood Springs, CO
“Love their Little Green Salad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We ate this salad three days in a row it was so good. One day they had run out of the seeds that are included and they gave us nuts (candied walnuts and a spiced nut mixture) instead. So simple - mixed greens, seeds and dressing. It's a nice accompaniment to just about anything. The service is wonderful and it's just at the bottom of the stairs of the hotel where we stayed (Beach Street Inn and Suites). We will be back.

• Visited March 2013