“Great location”

Ranked #19 of 54 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Calgary, Canada
“Great location”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Super 8 SC boardwalk east this September. The location of the hotel is great. It's just a few blocks from the boardwalk and the beach. The manager and staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are a little outdated and lack soundproofing but they're sizeable and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast is simple (toast, cinnamon buns, waffles, fruit, yogurt, coffee and juice) but good. I thought it was good value for Santa Cruz and would recommend it to friends travelling in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very disappointed,,,,,,, they do not accept dogs and that sucked! And they were WAY too over priced anyways! I don't get it... what makes them think they can charge so much and be so rude and unaccommodating???? There are very few dog friendly motels in this town, Super 8 should step up and accommodate pets. They accommodate peoples kids and most of them are way worse than my mini schnauzers any day!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vallejo
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I originally had booked a reservation for two nights, however was unable to keep both due to work so I had cancelled thinking I would not be able to make the trip at all. Then when I found out I was able to still make a day for the trip I had called the hotel and asked if I could reinstate my reservation since I had a very great rate. The person on the phone had told me that they could no longer do that but make a whole new reservation and a higher rate. Having that said I was upset that I couldn't keep my rate but at least they still had the room I requested. When I arrived I found that the parking is very tiny and cramped! I was afraid my car was going to get hit by people coming and going, but thankfully nothing happened.
Anyways, the room I stayed in was the king room with a jacuzzi in it. I was quite content with my room. Within 10mins of being in the room the front desk checked in to make sure that it was ok (which was a surprise but it was good to check). For what I paid I would say it was worth it because I was able to relax in the jacuzzi without having to worry about anyone disturbing me other than a little street noise. The location of the hotel is wonderful and convientant.
I wish the breakfast had its own room and wasn't in the tiny lobby. It was an average continental breakfast, but it would've been nice to have nutrigrain bars or something as well that's easy to eat on the road. Other than that all the pamphlets they had were helpful and I would stay here again because it has exceptional service and is a good value for my money!
I took some photos of my room to help those who are considering the room with a jacuzzi.
Thank you for such a wonderful stay!! I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Jeanette D
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I read many rave reviews about this hotel and perhaps I was expecting too much. First of all beware that THIS IS A TWO STAR MOTEL. Its features are truly for that class and I think that if you are paying more than $100/night it is a rip off. There is no closet as such (or doors to it), no real hallways and no breakfast area. Breakfast is served in the tiny lobby and there is no place to seat. Breakfast is truly, truly basic and does not include any cooked food.
With that said, the real difference in this motel are the owners. Very friendly, helpful and keeping the place clean and the grounds nice with many flowers.
Location is good if you are going to Santa Cruz because of the amusement park. It is not on the beach but it is 6 minutes walk to the boardwalk area that is at the amusement park. Very noisy and crowded. There is a major supermarket near by.
Overall, I would not stay here again. It was extremely and unjustifiably pricey for what it offers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Atascadero, California
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were learly about booking a reservation at Super 8 but this turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Reviews were accurate - clean, very friendly staff and great value! Perfect location, close to boardwalk, restaurants, beach. Stayed at more expensive hotels which were not as well maintained! Will be back for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple